The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HOW TO MAKE A SUPRA SOUND LIKE THIS (see video)

JackyBoi

Hi all, so after seeing quite a few Supra's I've noticed a very unique sound that many of them have in common; SEE VIDEO (

) and skip to 0:13

There's two parts of the sound I'm talking about. One of them is that very short, high-pitched blow off valve sound, and the other is how crazily fast it bounces off the rev limiter. I'm really really keen on getting a similar setup for my Supra but I have no idea how to go about doing it?! :search:

I'd just like to know exactly how I would achieve both of those sounds on my Supra (2001 RZ), does the high-pitched sound come from a specific BOV? How do you make it so that the revs bounce off the limiter so quickly? Any help at all would be hugely appreciated! :D

not sure why he's getting flak! we all have the exact same reaction when we hear a 2jz produce those notes :ok: like kids in a candy store!

It may have something to do with the fact us more 'seasoned' Supra owners went about replicating performance, not sound.

The sound just happens...

It's abit like ordering a boat with holes... It just doesn't compute.

It may have something to do with the fact us more 'seasoned' Supra owners went about replicating performance, not sound.

The sound just happens...

It's abit like ordering a boat with holes... It just doesn't compute.

This. I am sure he is a very nice man but after seeing Supes being bounced off the limiter and being treated like they were stolen was not good. I imagine I'd get the same feeling if someone punched my kids.

H.

Hm I do see your points and agree, Im assuming he is young and new to owning one :) wont lie though the hearing a 2jz opening up and using all its potential always puts a smile on my face even if its being slightly abused! just reminds me of how insane these cars can be :D on my way home in a week! havnt driven mine in over a year so the links he posted have just made me antsy :D