The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bitz dual SBC with non Blitz solenoid

Shane

Has anyone ever tried this and if so been successful?

I have been trying to get one to work properly on a two different solenoid valves I have, one very expensive but without total success.

Is there anything special about either type S or R Blitz solenoids I am missing? Does anyone have a blitz valve that they wouldn't mind measuring the coil impedance for me please?

I have the type r solenoids on mine which i can measure the coil resistance for you, but it will have to be later today. What problems are you having? could it be a mechanical problem? rather than electrical.

could you also explain why you want to know the resistance of the coils.

regards chris

I have the type r solenoids on mine which i can measure the coil resistance for you, but it will have to be later today. What problems are you having? could it be a mechanical problem? rather than electrical.

could you also explain why you want to know the resistance of the coils.

regards chris

That would be useful, thanks.

With both of the solenoids I have tried so far, I am very limited to control range, yet both do work. I am thinking that the blitz solenoids react much quicker to the PWM the controller puts out than mine do. I am curious to see how far off the mark the load I am putting on the controller is as that could have a huge effect depending on what type of driver stage the controller uses. And no I haven't scoped it yet, that's the next step.

Oh should add that on the depo ebc I have it works fine and I can control boost well, but its limited in its functions, but rules out mechanical issues. One of the valves I have tried with the Blitz is this one, so I know it works and is plumbed in ok and also know it can hold whats asked of it.

Edited by Shane
Added last bit (see edit history)

Just measured them and they 39 ohms each. could it be blitz use a lower duty cycle frequency? i would imagine the amount of air they let through would change keeping the duty cycle the same and changing the frequency, some valves could be slow to react and maybe does not move as much with a fast freq? just guessing or the size of the hole when open?

just in case you don't know blitz spec r uses 2 valves.

sorry i can't be of any more help than that, good luck and let me know how you get on

regards chris

Thanks Chris, I thought the spec r had two coils going from the pictures I have found, didn't realise there was two valves, I imagined there was two coils to increase the amount of force available on the plunger. Do you know how the valves are connected internally then? I ask because the images I have seen show just an 'in' and 'out'. And yes I am pretty sure now that its the valves I have not having the same speed/frequency capabilities of the Blitz.

I am going to have another play with it today, if the roads dry out a little. The valve I am currently using from the Depo BC has a coil resistance of 42 ohms so it doesn't sound like that's the issue.

Thanks again.

sorry i might be wrong, as you say there are two coils never thought it could be on one valve, can't see the point of two coils on one valve, i assumed it was two valves, and i don't know how they are connected as they are in plastic box and can't see anything, i would have to remove from car and strip down to see, my love for you doesn't go that far sorry.

I would image that there are two valves connected in parallel for the air side of things. My boost controller shows the amount that each valve/coil is being used by a simple 4/5 dot bar graph, as boost rises one starts to work first then the other comes in when more boost arrives if i remember correctly.

regards chris