The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2001 Toyota Supra RZ - BRAND NEW CAR!

JackyBoi

Hi all!

After months and months of research, I finally found a lovely Toyota Supra RZ (the twin turbo 6 speed Getrag model) made in 2001 with only 54k miles on the clock! The asking price was £15,000 and due to my budget and the overall condition of the car I thought it only fair to the dealer to pay the full asking price as I really couldn't fault this Supra in any way, shape or form; it is totally flawless! :D

toyota-supra-S1216417-1.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-2.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-3.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-4.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-5.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-6.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-7.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-8.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-9.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-10.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-11.jpg

toyota-supra-S1216417-12.jpg

Current modifications:

18" AVS alloys with new Dunlop Z1 tyres

Brembo brakes

Full body kit composed of genuine Top Secret, Veilside and Trail parts

Crystal front indicators

HKS exhaust system

Apexi induction cone

Ohlins adjustable coilovers with camber adjustment

Recaro drivers seat

Panasonic TV/stereo

Reverse camera (installed by Toyota)

Carbon fiber dash inlay

HKS hardpipes

HKS SQV BOV

Samco silicon hoses

ARC intercooler

ARC oil catch tank

GReddy turbo timer

Brand new battery

There are some other bits and bobs within the car (being an import and all!) which I don't know what they do :blink:

My plans for this Supra are rather simple and will be commencing over the next year:

HKS GT2835 twin turbo replacement kit (hopefully will get up to 800bhp with other supporting mods)

HKS 1000cc fuel injectors

HKS front mount intercooler

4" titanium exhaust

HKS induction kit

Volk SF Challenge alloys (I'm gonna need a miracle to find a good pair of these!)

Wider rear tyres - wanting suggestions, was thinking around 265

Removal of second cat

Brand new ECU stage 4 remap

GReddy Type R BOV

Fat speaker system

NOS! :D

Keep an eye out for a progress thread in the near future! I would love to hear some recommendations on what you think I should do with the car! I always like to get second opinions :)

That is massively expensive to my mind. But cars are only worth what people are prepared to pay I guess.

£10K might have been nearer the mark.

Not for that year and mileage mate. Supras are getting more expensive again. Price is about right IMO.

He said the car is flawless yet it has Veilside bits on it :p

I do believe only the rear is Vielside, the rest is Top Secret and Trail :D

As for the price, it really is what would be expected for this year and model, it's practically the rarest Supra you can get; the latest year, the rarest model (TT6 Getrag) and only 50k miles due to it not being a daily ;)

As for the price, it really is what would be expected for this year and model, it's practically the rarest Supra you can get; the latest year, the rarest model (TT6 Getrag) and only 50k miles due to it not being a daily ;)

Top secret front, trial rear and veilside skirts.

Price is on the dear side. Very very nice singles have sold for the same money.

Top secret front, trial rear and veilside skirts.

Price is on the dear side. Very very nice singles have sold for the same money.

I'm not ever going for a single though, would much prefer to have big, steel twins than a huge single purely because I prefer having higher torque through the entire rev band, not just one massive spike at 4000rpm that shoots you off! But each to their own I guess, I'm extremely happy with this buy, although it was very pricy, totally worth it. Neat and tidy 6 speed VVTi with only 50k miles :D

I'm not ever going for a single though, would much prefer to have big, steel twins than a huge single purely because I prefer having higher torque through the entire rev band, not just one massive spike at 4000rpm that shoots you off! But each to their own I guess, I'm extremely happy with this buy, although it was very pricy, totally worth it. Neat and tidy 6 speed VVTi with only 50k miles :D

You need to do your homework dude, if you want good torque throughout the rev range a good single will kick the crap out of any big old twins.

It's a nice car. Price is about right, I was tempted on that one myself a little while back.

Nice looking supra, but not the rarest though! Stick would suit the look of this car perfect :thumbs:

Just FYI, either the previous owner has swapped the OEM recaros out for a drivers recaro seat(not OEM) and a cloth passengers seat or this car is an RZ-S, not an RZ.

What kind of steering wheel does it have?

That's an rz-s by the looks of it! The rears are rz-s too

Just FYI, either the previous owner has swapped the OEM recaros out for a drivers recaro seat(not OEM) and a cloth passengers seat or this car is an RZ-S, not an RZ.

What kind of steering wheel does it have?

He's had the seats all swapped so they're brand new. It's definitely a RZ, what even is the difference between a RZ and a RZ-S?

It's an RZ-S, don't get hung up on it, there's not much difference. The cloth rear seats(unless they have been changed, but not likely), lack of active spoiler(obviously as the front bumper has been changed, but the button isn't there either, again could have been changed for a blank), and missing passengers recaro seat and often an RZ will also have a "carbon" steering wheel.

Model differences chart here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?59334-Supra-Guide-and-Model-Differences-Chart

It's an RZ-S, don't get hung up on it, there's not much difference. The cloth rear seats(unless they have been changed, but not likely), lack of active spoiler(obviously as the front bumper has been changed, but the button isn't there either, again could have been changed for a blank), and missing passengers recaro seat and often an RZ will also have a "carbon" steering wheel.

Model differences chart here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?59334-Supra-Guide-and-Model-Differences-Chart

Fair enough mate, after doing reg checks it displays as an RZ but if it's an RZ-S then sweet! Still a totally awesome car IMO, it just goes where you want it!

:thumbs:

It is rather confusing in all honesty.

Even before the facelift, a GZ was the "top of the range", but often would still have the smaller brakes.

Then after the facelift, GZ was dropped and RZ became the "top of the range". The natural assumption would be that the RZ-S is above an RZ but it isn't, although it can be spec'd to almost exactly the same as one, so it's very hard to tell some times.

Exactly, glad you are enjoying it, they are awesome. I should know, I've had four. :)