The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra almost finished at Whifbitz. Advice on Alloys to fit bodykit?

supra_24

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I have posted on here. Been pretty busy over the last few weeks trying to sort out the Supra at Whifbitz and sell my Nissan Silvia S15.

Finally having sold my S15 last Saturday, I am now ready to purchase additonal parts needed for the Supra, which is almost ready to go after being at Whifbitz for the last 2 months lol.

I will be fitting a brand new bodykit to the Supra and the car will also be resprayed in white again.

I was originally going to fit a GT300 bodykit, but then had a rethink as it may make the car a bit unfriendly on the roads being that wide.

Therefore I have decided to go for the JDL Supra bodykit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150683301638?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The only issue I have now is purchasing some alloys that will suit the bodykit. I need to know the width and offsets for fronts and rears?

Not looking to spend too much on alloys as I am on a budget. But around £800-£1000 would be nice.

I was looking into some black Rota alloys. But any other makes in that colour would be good too.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ash

+1 for stock look front lip and properly stanced on good wheels

Personally I would stick with stock body, Rmm front lip than the JDK kit and Invest the money in proper stances deep wheels.

Another vote for stock look but minus the ridiculous front lip. Unless you want your Supra to look like Bubba out of Forrest Gump.

However, it is your car. Only other thing is fitment of that kit, has it been tried and tested by others.

Cheers guys, but I kinda like the body kit.

I did the same with my Nissan Silvia S15. Everyone wanted me to go stock bumper etc, but I liked the aggressive look and when people actually saw it in person they agreed it did look quite nice.

If we all went for the same stock look on our Supras, it would be pretty boring.

Just need to know wheel specs really. I mean whats the usual rear wheel width size and front wheel width size and there offsets?

Guest MINTER

I have four 19x10 et 20 Rota GTRs in silver in very decent condition with good tyres on two to others on the limit.

Bought them for my own supra but they stick out to much on the standard arches,these thing are huge!would compliment the wider wings and arches

I have four 19x10 et 20 Rota GTRs in silver in very decent condition with good tyres on two to others on the limit.

Bought them for my own supra but they stick out to much on the standard arches,these thing are huge!would compliment the wider wings and arches

Sorry to burst your bubble but I can fit 18x10 et20 "under" the front and rear arches on a stock body supra.

I am happy to discuss wheel with you just PM me and I'll more the happy to help and go through options with you

Must admit I had the jdl front bumper other then whifbitz front bumper its the best looking after market bumper for the supra

IMG00135.jpg

IMG00039.jpg

I will leave then here of when I had it on , only reason I changed it was because like many other fibre glass bumpers it met its demise by london roads

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

It will be fitted properly by a body shop called body-tone in Bracknell. They did my s15 body kit and ot looked amazing.

However to fit all the kit and spoiler and spray them, they have quoted £1500, which i thought was a bit steep.

It will be fitted properly by a body shop called body-tone in Bracknell. They did my s15 body kit and ot looked amazing.

However to fit all the kit and spoiler and spray them, they have quoted £1500, which i thought was a bit steep.

£1500 is incredibly cheap for a proper job.

- - - Updated - - -

So to make this clear, if for example I wanted to fit 18" Rota's onto my Supra, would they fit straight on without any issues? I'm such a newb when it comes to alloy fitment :search:

As long as you have the right offset and PCD, yes. Get searching :)