The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Newbie ........

Guest sti-04!!

Guest sti-04!!

.......... Hi all :innocent:

I am starting to look for a Supra, so just picking up on things at the moment before i take the plunge & get rid of my Evo VIII

So bear with me if i ask stupid questions :stupid:

Though one is what the difference between the RZ & SZ ??

Cheers

Stephen:D

Guest sti-04!!

I used to have an MY04 Sti & sold it for the EVO which i dont like .............. i just want to try something else & want to get BIG power :eek:

Guest sti-04!!

Mostly quick road car, but i do like tracking as well

Definatly a manual 6sp TT, though would you get more power from a single turbo ??

Mostly quick road car, but i do like tracking as well

Definatly a manual 6sp TT, though would you get more power from a single turbo ??

With a single you can get any power you want, its the rest that needs upgrading to go with it, like fueling, intercooler, internals if you aim to go past teh 600bhp mark, but a small single going to around 500/600bhp is still quite costly for a stock Supra, if you can pick up a modded one, say all the usual, filter, decat, with FMIC, exhaust, then it saves you some work.

You need to specify what you want power wise, and what car your planning on getting, and then we can tell you more what you have to do, and what it will cost.

Welcome though, Im sure your enjoy it....... :D

Guest sti-04!!

Just reading through the forum at the moment & i would really like to get over 400bhp at least:eek:, really want a manual dont think i could live with an auto tbh & got a budget of about 14k, going to keep the rest as contigency ;) just in case, i would like to get a looker as well, nice kit & all that, oh & i love noise, my impreza had a Nur Spec R & that woke the whole village :D

Welcome :)

Sounds like you're after the same as I was - then I found the right car on these boards :cool:

400bhp is relatively easily achievable without spending a great deal. Before you condemn the auto though, it really is worth taking one for a spin. That said, it's not the best idea for track use, but I really wouldn't say a definite NO to the auto until you've tried it.

All the best mate

Matt

Supra in favour of an evo8 :eek: Now there's someone with proper taste! :tongue:

A quick pointer, don't completely ignore the auto until you've driven one, I never thought I'd buy an automatic car until I tried mine, really fast and smooth for crusing and the manual mode is good fun on the twisties :thumbs:

Plus lazy burnouts with a bit of left foot breaking :tongue:

To go single - properly - you would have to budget 6-10k - depending one whether you do the work yourself or pay for it.

I've spent 6k ish on mine so far and I'm doing a budget setup with help from friends to fit it and map it. Not that I've actually started fitting it yet :( Still waiting for parts.