The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How big is your garage?

Supragal

Those of you that have a single garage that you keep your Supra in... how big are they? Internal dimensions, but also the opening?

I'm trying to work out what size is actually workable without it being a major hassle to get a Supra in and out, and open doors etc.

allot of members seem to have small single garages and somehow carry out work on there cars etc for example Hodge carries out miracles in a garage I wouldnt dream of putting a Supra in it depends how careful you are and how well you manage your space.

I've no idea what size my garage is, but it is tight. I reverse in so I can see what I'm doing, I have about 0.5cm on each side of the wing mirrors from the garage doors. I've got barn garage doors which is why it's so tight, then a carpet tile on the side for when I open my door.

By reversing in, if any work needs done on the engine I can do it under cover still as well as drive in/out easier.

I have just sold my Supra but have another on the way, but this is how tight my garage is-

Mine is similarly tight, also reversed in. The thought being, if it ever won't start, I can get under the bonnet. I have yet to put up any carpet... I just open the door carefully.

My garage leaks though so the car gets wet :( It needs sorting out!

I'll have a measure up in a bit as I'm at work now .

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/28/3u8anamy.jpg

Great, thanks! That does looks much bigger than the ones I've seen so far. The sizes vary quite a bit though.

I think the vendors think I'm weird, measuring the garage.

Monsween - in my dreams!

Thanks Scott & for other replies.

If anyone has actual sizes that would be fabulous, as that's the information I'm missing.

Quite big :)

More pictures of it in my build thread. But here is an example.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=179091&stc=1&d=1389110809

Any garage is better than no garage ? :shrug:

Pic no worky ;)

Well, a garage too small isn't much good... and if I have to choose between 2 houses, then the garage or lack of, or size will come into play. :)

I am looking for a house with a double garage for putting my pride and joy in. All houses with single garages have been discounted.

H.

Sadly, I don't have that budget! Anything with a double garage is at least 100k out of my price range. Although, actually I did see one with a double garage within budget as the owner had added it (over the top of the entire garden), but it was the only good thing about the property!! *shudder*

Quite big :)

More pictures of it in my build thread. But here is an example.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=187624&stc=1&d=1403979199

Any garage is better than no garage ? :shrug:

Pic no worky ;)

Well, a garage too small isn't much good... and if I have to choose between 2 houses, then the garage or lack of, or size will come into play. :)

I have attached the picture, hopefully this now works :thumbs: