The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Edit

Guest Ted Bell

Hi Ted,

I have edited your post, due to the fact that you are in breach of the clubs rules. We have a classifieds section which is available to all paid members on this site. Membership is £10 for a years subscription and will grant you access to the classifieds section.

I see you are posting this on behalf of someone else, perhaps a membership or ad on a Mk3 supra forum would be more focused.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ted Bell

Hi,

I am very disappointed to see the message I have received today in response to my enquiry. I do not know exactly what is going on because I was led to believe the ad was free. I have a copy of it and had no idea that you had taken the action you state. I have no problem in paying for it in any case. I had left the matter in your hands and was wondering why the enquiries had dried up. Of course I am not used to your administrative processes.

For your information I am selling this car for a friend who died, at least for his Wife and for no personal gain. I think it is very sad that the ad was issued and subsequently deleted without my knowledge. Clearly I have to start again and pay.

I have to say I have found your site very difficult to operate.

Perhaps you can guide me now. I wish to review the original ad and go forward from there. Can you explain how I can pay. There was no mention in he process I adopted before about paying incidentally.

If necessary you can call me on .

Thank you

Ted Bell

Edited by Gaz6002
removing phone number (see edit history)

Hi,

I am very disappointed to see the message I have received today in response to my enquiry. I do not know exactly what is going on because I was led to believe the ad was free. I have a copy of it and had no idea that you had taken the action you state. I have no problem in paying for it in any case. I had left the matter in your hands and was wondering why the enquiries had dried up. Of course I am not used to your administrative processes.

For your information I am selling this car for a friend who died, at least for his Wife and for no personal gain. I think it is very sad that the ad was issued and subsequently deleted without my knowledge. Clearly I have to start again and pay.

Perhaps you can guide me now. I wish to review the original ad and go forward from there. Can you explain how I can pay. There was no mention in he process I adopted before about paying incidentally.

Thank you

Ted Bell

Should the above not be edited?

It clearly indicates an intention to sell a vehicle and gives a telephone number?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure it out....or has the OP now paid membership?

:bobby:

Edited by listy (see edit history)

Should the above not be edited?

It clearly indicates an intention to sell a vehicle and gives a telephone number?

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure it out....or has the OP now paid membership?

:bobby:

Well, maybe it DOES take Sherlock to figure out quoting a post, (with a phone number in it, which I have now removed from your quote ;)) that you have pointed flaws out in, simply recreates said flaws :p

Hi,

If necessary you can call me on .

Thank you

Ted Bell

Hi Ted,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation, but it is clearly stated in the signing up process that access to the classifieds comes with a fee. It's disappointing to hear you find this site confusing can you let me know on here or via a private message what bits you are struggling to understand and we will do our best to help you.

On the point of the ad being removed this is also explained in the rules that any such breach of rules will be actioned immediately. This is to be fair and consistent with all such cases and in this particular instance it is unfair to allow non paying members to advertise when every other member is paying for the privilege.

I hope this explanation helps you understand the reason and it might be beneficial for you to take a few minutes to read the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up to this forum.

All the best from your friendly,

Moderation Team :)

Guest Ted Bell

Thanks for your reply. I understand your position in principal and am quite happy to pay the £10. Can you tell me in simple terms how to advertise the car properly on your site, pay the money and get it up and running. I never had any intention of abusing your site or misleading anyone. I am just trying to help a Widow, who happens to be a friend, to sell her Supra which I thought one of your keen and enthusiastic young members might enjoy. After all if you wanted a Supra that has been a family car for 20 odd years where else would you expect to sell one or find one!

Please help me, I have had this car on my neighbours drive since May.

Ted