The mkiv Supra Owners Club

s h car sales Bedford

Guest oldmanam

Guest oldmanam

Hi, has anyone used or come across this company?

They currently have 3 supras in, there's a couple I like the look at but slightly overpriced in my opinion but the sales guy was open to negotiate.

Speak to EmmaLouise_55 and Suprash about their experience of them.

Good or bad mate? They don't look too badly priced IMO. Very much depends on condition of the cars though obviously.

If I were in the market for a N/A auto though I would hang around on here for a members car. Will usually be well looked after and easier to find out the cars history. A few sold on here recently so they do come up often enough

The guy behind this is the king of spotting (and more importantly moving quickly to secure) the private bargains on the various selling sites and flipping them quickly. So on that basis you need to just judge each car on its merits as a week or so ago it was just someones regular daily or weekend Supra and now its at a slightly higher premium.

I missed an old boys TT aero at £4,xxx to this guy by hours and then a few days later it's up for £7,xxx and sold in a week or so. That's business but it doesn't make the car any more or less of a good one it simply makes it less value for money. TBH when ones come on the market at such a low price you have to be lightening to get them, at least at the £7K mark it gave someone the chance to plan to see it and still isn't an unreasonable price.

Bottom line is he will have some good and some less than good cars, there is not enough margin in these cars to spend major money on prep work so he is largely in the hands of the previous owner and his judgement on any particular car...all you can do is go and see it, ignore the fella or patter etc you don't have to like them you just have to like the car and be comfortable with the price you end up paying.

Guest oldmanam
Good or bad mate? They don't look too badly priced IMO. Very much depends on condition of the cars though obviously.

If I were in the market for a N/A auto though I would hang around on here for a members car. Will usually be well looked after and easier to find out the cars history. A few sold on here recently so they do come up often enough

Was close to buying one off here, problem I'm having is the cars are in England and me in Scotland, makes it a journey just to view them. Ideally would like a na manual

Could you expand?

Sorry, was typing it at work and the boss approached. I bought my Supra from them (My first NA), stupidly even, after they told me "That sound is just the jack in the back" despite the rear suspension strut being collapsed. I really wanted the clean black manual car, to possibly drop a TT lump in to, so I ended up buying it, even as they lied through their teeth.

A little while later a friend of mine wanted to try a Boxster. They had one and despite my warnings, he at least wanted to try it, which is fair enough. Off we set on a 45 minute car journey to get there after phoning and confirming it's ok to test drive that day. We got there at the agreed time and the guy told us "Oh sorry, it's got a dead battery."

Refused to jump start it, then went on to say "Nearly every car has a dead battery, no test drives today"

In short, he couldn't even be bothered. Appalling service.

the collapsed strut is there fault if they knew but your fault for not examining what your buying mate...

I knew it was collapsed and even told them this. I bounced the car in front of them to show it was uneven, but they still refused to believe me and said "It's only because you're pushing down on that side."

In the end I couldn't be bothered to argue it, got the price down a bit and took it.

Furthermore, someone could be going there to buy a car without any knowledge of mechanical components at all. To be fobbed off by saying "You didn't examine it" when the garage should know full well, would not be a valid excuse :)