The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which BOV to buy?

Homer

I'm fitting an FMIC in a few weeks which means I have to lose my Blitz BOV and hard pipe.

Some peeps hate the BOV noise but I love scaring pedestrians on narrow high streets :D

Can anyone recommend a good quality unit which can be fitted in place of the stock one?

HKS?

Sard R2D2?

...?

The louder the better IMO :)

I have the HKS SSQV - Does the job, no stalling troubles etc etc :tongue: (you probably heard it at the RR day :tongue: )

I know the Japanese guys love their 'Sheepdog' BOV's. And most people I know say that they are best sounding ones they've heard too? I'm not sure if there is a 'Sheepdog' BOV available for the Supra though .. I'm sure someone will know?

Cheers, J :thumbs:

If it helps:

HERE is a sound clip of the HKS SSQV on my old car (Nissan Pulsar GTI-R). It's a bit quieter than this on the Supra. :music:

And HERE is a little movie (Windows Media Player - WMV format) of the HKS SSQV in the Supra. As you can see - my I/C piping has a flange for mounting the BOV on it ... my stock BOV has been removed, and blocked off (this was done by the owner in Japan). HTH :D

Cheers, J :stickpoke

Cheers James, that helps mate :)

I don't really want to cut up (or weld onto) the lovely polished Greddy pipework so am looking for a BOV that'll go in the same position as the stock one. HKS is looking like the best bet at the moment, though they are bloody expensive (220 odd quid!)

though they are bloody expensive (220 odd quid!)
That's what Ebay is for :tongue: :thumbs:

I get most of my 'gizmo's' (turbo timers, fuel controllers etc) from some dude in Malaysia on Ebay!! Loads cheaper, and he gets it here in about 4 days!! I'm sure there will be an SQV kicking about on there somewhere (new)?

Cheers, J :thumbs:

The HKS "Racing" version is almost twice the price of the standard one - After looking at the sales info it seems only worth going for if you are pushing massive HP...

Opinions??

Just go for it and buy the HKS

BTW i seem to remember the 'I'm only going to change the exhaust' conversation a tad back??

Slippery Slope Syndrome

:eyebrows: