The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car mop results...

black_widow87

Well i spent most of yesterday giving the car a good going over with a DA rotary polisher. This was my first time ever doing this sort of thing so lots to learn but all in all chuffed with the results. :) After a good wash and clay bar i started using Meguiars correction compound (D300) to get of of al the swirls, then finished with the Meguiars finishing wax (D301) Absolutely stunned with the results!! Would highly recommend these products. Here are a few quick pics off my phone.

Before:imageimageimageimageimage

After:imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Next up is the bay...:)image

Edited by black_widow87 (see edit history)

Was it a rotary or da you used bud, you say rotary da but they're two different machines.

I only ask, as I've got both and am looking for some new products and pads. Your results are excellent, so I'll probably follow suit and try the same, but just want to clarify what machine you used

Was it a rotary or da you used bud, you say rotary da but they're two different machines.

I only ask, as I've got both and am looking for some new products and pads. Your results are excellent, so I'll probably follow suit and try the same, but just want to clarify what machine you used

Its a variable speed DA, uses an up/down movement aswell as rotation. Good bit of kit tbh.

Was just about to say it looked like a kestrel, I've been thinking about investing in one recently too. Have heard loads of good reports about that megs kit too, includes the pads and compounds, think it's around £80?

Guest Nicholas
I find your lack of before pictures upsetting

For people like you that don't understand what swirl marks are, here's an example: -

swirls.jpg

Will that suffice as a before?

:rolleyes:

For people like you that don't understand what swirl marks are, here's an example: -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]187436[/ATTACH]

Hijack, you seriously really need to lighten up. Everyone loves to see before and after pics. Is that not what fans of this kinda stuff love, or should we not ask on the off chance you disapprove?

Where's the best place to get a DAS-6 for detailing / moping? Maguiars?

A little while back when we had all that sand blow over from the Sahara and the car was covered it marked the paint in a strange way where it won't polish out by hand :( I think what with that and some warm weather & rain it seemed to mark it and didn't notice till I gave it a wash :rolleyes: think I need to do my car like you have Bud as the results look impressive. :thumbs:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]187436[/ATTACH]

Erm........sure ok i prefer the the OP before pics, now i can see the massive differance it made and what i good job he did on it.

Im a little less upset now

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)

Guest Nicholas
Erm........sure ok i prefer the the OP before pics, now i can see the massive differance it made and what i good job he did on it.

Im a little less upset now

Happy days!

- - - Updated - - -

Hijack, you seriously really need to lighten up. Everyone loves to see before and after pics. Is that not what fans of this kinda stuff love, or should we not ask on the off chance you disapprove?

You can ask all you like, you just come across as a moron.

Guest Nicholas
So based on your awesome logic, project threads and the like should only have after pictures. Ironic you use the word moron......sums your logic and other stuff up nicely.

No but there's ways to word things and yours wasn't constructive in the slightest, your avatar seems somewhat appropriate.... Now back on topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop fighting.........im getting all upset again

You should be over the moon with the way your cars coming along! :)