The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my new head unit installed today

gordy.r

Well here is the old unit that was in the car when I got it, and from build I believe!:

And here is the new head unit installed, a Kenwood DNX7200:

The only downside is that you have to be in any gear other than Park 'P' to allow access to the DVD / CD drive.

But other than that minor detail, it is a great unit and has some really good features.

Also, if you are in the Glasgow area and looking for installer, I used Beaver Car Audio in Gt Western Road, and they were excellent. Really professional, great guys and did a sterling job!

They even fitted my dash cam at the same time! :)

To get over the whole being in Park to watch a film thing, disconnect the wire that the installer has connected to the hand brake/park signal, and put it to a permanent earth. It'll then work all the time ;)

Just don't crash and blame me :rlol:

Real men battle the jungle of wires and sharp edges to replace theirs ;)

This is very true, but whilst the real men battled with the electronics side of things in the sweltering 26 degree heat, I sat on Great Western Road with a nice cool drink watching the lovely local ladies going about their business wearing their choice summer wardrobe.

I know how I'd rather spend my 2 hours lol ;)

This is very true, but whilst the real men battled with the electronics side of things in the sweltering 26 degree heat, I sat on Great Western Road with a nice cool drink watching the lovely local ladies going about their business wearing their choice summer wardrobe.

I know how I'd rather spend my 2 hours lol ;)

I did say brave, not clever :p

Looks super nice! I am thinking of doing a double din navigation system soon as well.

Thanks, yeah it definitely updates the interior look of the car and having the sat nav functionality it is worth having to save another screen blocking up the windscreen etc.

Plus I got a VERY good deal on the unit as it was ex display, keep your eyes peeled for deals on the websites and buy a good make, not a heap Chinese unit and you should be good for years of hassle free musical motoring! :)