The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brake advice

martincoupe

Looking for new brake Discs pads and shoes for the supra

Its a N/A Jap import 1995 model, As this will be the first time changing the brakes on the supra + purchasing im after some advice on

Where to get parts from. (links prefered if you can)

any advice on fitting / issues

All help will be much appreciated

Many thanks

Martin

Best bet is to email CW or Whifbitz both traders on here.

Also have a search and I am sure you will find some guides. I personally have done the fronts and they are very straight forward as long as you have a little tech know how, basically 2 x 14mm bolts

First thing to do is identify which brakes you have fitted (the Supra came with 2 brake options), details and pics here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?249089-Supra-Brake-setups

In terms of parts, I'd recommend fitting genuine OEM Toyota discs and OEM Toyota pads (both available from your local Toyota dealer or online) or a set of Chris Wilson pads, click Chris's name for contact details.

I have my well liked fast road pads on special offer right now. J-Spec ones are £130 plus VAT a full car set, and UK ones £140 a full car set, plus VAT. I offer free insured delivery to a UK post code on full car sets for a limited period. I can also do OE spec discs at a good price, and if you buy 2 or more discs and a full pad set will still do free insured P&P which saves a LOT as they are bloody heavy :)