The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Hard is it...

LadyFliss

Yes I am on about Supras !

As I am looking to buy my first Supra I want it to be exactly what I am looking for, I really want a manual.

Will I pay more for this ?

Are these hard to find?

Forgive me for being blonde I have a lot to learn but I will get there :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it does take time to find the 1 you want especially as manuals are rarer yes but i agree with above auto's are very good too and have manual mode on them.

The wait is worth it for when you find the one you want though :) keep an eye on the classifieds or put a wanted post up

Yes keith it's me.

I really want a TT, I'll test drive both and work it out from there... Budget is really depending on the car although I'm not going to spend more than 5 / 6 k ideally

Im watching the for sale page to give me a good idea of what I can get, only it's making me want one now!!

I really want a TT, I'll test drive both and work it out from there... Budget is really depending on the car although I'm not going to spend more than 5 / 6 k ideally

!!

Well with your budget of £5k to £6k (ideally) you are not going to get a manual TT unless someone wants rid of it quick which would mean it requires a fair few ££££ to get it up to a good standard. You may struggle to get a decent auto TT for that budget too. It depends on what your standards are and what you deem 'decent'.

Well with your budget of £5k to £6k (ideally) you are not going to get a manual TT unless someone wants rid of it quick which would mean it requires a fair few ££££ to get it up to a good standard. You may struggle to get a decent auto TT for that budget too. It depends on what your standards are and what you deem 'decent'.

Yeah you'll be hard pushed to find a decent manual TT for that price, though I did pick up Farmers Auto TT for £5800 and if I'm being a little biased it is an awesome car in great condition. Only done 45k miles with full service, repair and MOT history since import 12 years ago. One owner and very, very clean inside and out.

So they are out there, you've just got to look and be in the right place at the right time (and be prepared to travel lol) to get the one you want. :)

Hey Fliss welcome, i was recently in your position also, watching Pistonheads and the 'For Sale' section on here everyday, i really wanted a TT manual as well. I found it very hard to find one in great condition, esp in white which is what i wanted. I ended up getting a Tiptronic auto twin-turbo from Jurgen at JM-Imports, he has some really great condition cars coming over pretty regularly.

As some of the others said for 5-6k there is no way you'll get a TT manual for that kind of money without a fair few faults on it unfortunately. Might have to save them pennies or look for an auto! But i know when u have the car bug it's hard to hold off for too long before deciding to buy :D GL

Yeah my ex had a few (and I think owns one still) both auto (i think, he might cherp up but i doubt it) and they were amazing, but it has been a while so I might take you up on your offer keith, will be good to get to know a bit more about them too and my options

Yeah my ex had a few (and I think owns one still) both auto (i think, he might cherp up but i doubt it) and they were amazing, but it has been a while so I might take you up on your offer keith, will be good to get to know a bit more about them too and my options

Remember Keith's NA has NOS. Normal NAs aren't as quick as that :D

Honestly though the NA manual is a solid car. I owned one and it was great :)

Welcome to the club, personally I'd budget the below to give you a rough idea.

Manual TT6

Min £10k

Ideally £12k

Auto TT

Min £6k

Ideally £8k

NA5

Min £3k

Ideally £4k

NA Auto

Min £2.5K

Ideally £3.5K

Obviously some cars can be found for cheaper than the min price I have quoted but this taking into account getting something which doesn't need a huge amount of work doing to it.

That's pretty awesome :D Gives me a good idea of what I can get and can look at for budget.

I just need to test drive a few auto beasts and see how it feels... Keith.... You know you wanna let me drive it right :D

No worries :thumbs:

Would highly recommend you get yourself to a car meet and go out in a few different Supra's to get an idea of what you want :)

Welcome to the club, personally I'd budget the below to give you a rough idea.

NA5

Min £3k

Ideally £4k

NA Auto

Min £2.5K

Ideally £3.5K

Obviously some cars can be found for cheaper than the min price I have quoted but this taking into account getting something which doesn't need a huge amount of work doing to it.

What about an NA6? To hi jack a thread, as that is ideally what I would like to get when I decide to rejoin the fold.

I was thinking £5k, ok miles and maybe need some work on the outside but solid underneath