The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello I'm a newbie on here and a newbie supra owner with problems lol

Guest Dan B

Guest Dan B

Hi I bought my uk supra from the parents of my late friend, it has been pretty much stood still for 2and a half years, whilst driving home I have found that whenever I drop below 25 mph my dash lights up like an Xmas tree the warning light in the centre of the clocks the warning in the temperature gauge the battery light and an orange pic of the car that looks like it's got sound waves from the rear, it only had MOT put on 2 days before I collected it, also my front spoiler don't work and the traction control button doesn't either

Any help or advice will be gratefully received thanks

Dan

Reference the front spoiler, when you say it doesn't work what are you expecting it to do? It doesn't simply deploy when you press the button (except for under very certain circumstances - I think it's when the ignition is on but with the engine off) like you might think. Check this thread here. :)

As for the warning lights (taken from the owners manual):

Red Exclamation In Triangle - Master Warning Light

Exclamation In Circle Inside Brackets - Brake System Warning Light

Battery Symbol - Discharge Warning Light

Engine/Gearbox Symbol - Malfunction Indicator Lamp

Oil Can With Drip - Low Oil Pressure Warning Light

Oil Can Over Oil - Low Oil Level Warning Light

DIFF OIL - Differential Oil Temperature Warning Light

ABS - Anti-Lock Brake System Warning Light

Car With Door Open - Open Doors Warning Light

Car With Rear Light On - Rear Light Failure Warning Light

Airbag Deployed - SRS Airbag Warning Light

TRC - Traction Control System Indicator / Warning Light

TRC OFF - Traction Control System Off Indicator / Warning Light

Pipe With Wavey Heat Lines Above - CAT Temperature Warning Light

Edited by DaveR (see edit history)

Guest Dan B

Hi it's a 93 tt supra I will try and get pics on later :) all the warning lights I mentioned all come on simultaneously whether I'm braking or just decelerating but as soon as I press the accelerater the lights go off, and as of last night my o/d off light has just started flashing too thank you for replying :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi it's a 93 tt supra I will try and get pics on later :) all the warning lights I mentioned all come on simultaneously whether I'm braking or just decelerating but as soon as I press the accelerater the lights go off, and as of last night my o/d off light has just started flashing too thank you for replying :)

It's auto sorry forgot to put that

Hi it's a 93 tt supra I will try and get pics on later :) all the warning lights I mentioned all come on simultaneously whether I'm braking or just decelerating but as soon as I press the accelerater the lights go off

Better just keep your foot down dude.:D

Welcome to the Club

Could be the Battery getting a bit duff or sounds possibly like an Alternator on the way out.

Go to your local decent garage and ask them to test the battery and Alternator charge

Or it could be just knackered, I will get rid of it for you ;)

Guest Dan B

It has a brand new battery and all the fluids are topped, it was used once a month for 1 or 2 miles to keep it running well I have a fiend that has his own supra and is gonna have a look at it in a couple of weeks

Btw thank you for the welcome :)

Guest Dan B

Just to let you all know it is the alternator at fault I have a mechanic mate coming Friday to take it out for me and I'll drop it to my local alternator refurbishes to sort while I'm on holiday then refit when I return

Just to let you all know it is the alternator at fault I have a mechanic mate coming Friday to take it out for me and I'll drop it to my local alternator refurbishes to sort while I'm on holiday then refit when I return

;) see small job and then you can get to enjoying the car

Welcome to the Club

Could be the Battery getting a bit duff or sounds possibly like an Alternator on the way out.

Go to your local decent garage and ask them to test the battery and Alternator charge

Or it could be just knackered, I will get rid of it for you ;)

Yay, do I win Haribo :trophy::D