The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Short introduction, not yet an owner

Miel

Hi all,

Just saying Hi as it is rude not to when entering a bar or a forum ;)

Currently driving an Lotus Exige S1 (originally an Elise but rebuild as Exige) for fast road and trackdays, and as a daily a Volkswagen Polo Blue Motion. As the last one is a company car and is going in a couple of months I am looking for a new daily driver.

Being bored by buying another decent family car like a Volvo V70 and S60 and as a previous owner of a MR2 AW11, MR2 SW20 and Lancer Evo 6, , I want another Japanese car.

So might be looking around for a Supra N/A manual. Colour wise all are good but prefer no black ( heat in summer ).

NO lpg. LPG is for cooking :)

Driven a turbo one of a friend of mine but that is overkill for daily use. But love the looks and the size inside the car.

I have time so will be looking until the right one pops up.

I might ask dumb questions from time to time but I know where to find the search button.

Hello and welcome!

Coming from your Exige and Evo, an N/A may be a little, dare I say it, 'boring' .... The TT's are auite alright driving around town or easily as happy on an A road or motorway as a daily driver. I know this as mine is in constant daily use! :)

Try both before settling on one or the other.

"Exige" is not going anywhere, that is staying for a long time. Will actually be modded more as plated diff is ordered today and the 2l duratec will be replaced with a 2.5 :D

The evo was rather quick with propper map so I know where the comment is coming from.

But as a daily, a turbo is great but I might be using the turbo to often ( like in the Evo... ) and that will cause a nice MPG vs. common sense challenge. And with a mind that says : there is no such thing as to much power, An N/A might keep me with both feet planted on the ground and my wallet less empty then it already is LOL

Already consider an AUTO as daily commute is or to the nearest train station or with traffic jams.

Yes when I bought my first Lotus, an S2 135R, the Exige S1 prices where still low. Should have bought an original Exige S1 back then.

But as a car enthousiastic I could not have done with an original example what I do now. Would have made her a garage queen instead of driving it as it was designed for.