The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD Type R Spoiler info

TJsTT

Hi guys and girls

I've just taken this spoiler off my car I recently purchased and trying to find much out about it is proving quite difficult. I know it's not the prettiest wing in the world but I'm pretty sure their not made anymore.

I'm also nearly 100% sure it's genuine as it was imported with it on back in 2003 (I have photos)

Any advice on price and so would be appreciated.

Cheers

image.jpg

I know it's not the prettiest wing in the world...

Understatement of the century! Quite who was put in charge of the design at TRD I guess we'll never know, but how they could create the 'conventional' (Type S) TRD spoiler, which looks better than the stock one and then that monstrosity as well is baffling...! :blink:

As far as price goes I guess that that will depend on the demand. Chances are that if someone - Stevie Wonder, perhaps? :D - wants one of these spoilers, as they're so rare you can pretty much charge what you want. The Do-Luck ones, for instance, go for a REAL premium and whereas this probably won't attract the exact same figure it certainly has rarity going for it.

• 3 weeks later...