The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Using Auto's on Trackdays

Richie_k83

I attend some Trackdays run by a few mates at our local sprint track and occasionaly to other circuits every so often.

So i was wondering how folk are getting on with an Auto on track?

This is my first Supra so being an auto too, i'm curious.

Its probably not as much fun as a manual but wondering about guys that have done/do it in theirs?

I attend some Trackdays run by a few mates at our local sprint track and occasionaly to other circuits every so often.

So i was wondering how folk are getting on with an Auto on track?

This is my first Supra so being an auto too, i'm curious.

Its probably not as much fun as a manual but wondering about guys that have done/do it in theirs?

I did it in my first Supra, they are actually pretty capable on track and quite fun.

Obviously not as involved as a manual, however if you must shift a stick, pop it into Manu mode and shift the gears yourself.

use mine on track just fine , turn the od off and away you go upto 125mph until 4th is needed , the auto box on the supra is great you even have engine braking through the gears if using manually if you was going seriously for it but the times i have done it just left it in auto with od off great fun :D

Manu mode is simple, just push the button and then use "L" as first gear "2" as second gear and "D" as third. Just go up and down them as needed.

Cool, will have a play on my way to work lol.

Dont change down to L above 15 mph though whatever you do.

They go bang? :-/

You *MUST* use manual mode in the wet, you *DO NOT* want the auto box doing its own thing mid corner! I did lots of track days when I had my auto TT and it was competent and survived countless laps of Oulton and Donington. A Supra round Curborough is a bit like flying a jet plane inside the village hall though.

You *MUST* use manual mode in the wet, you *DO NOT* want the auto box doing its own thing mid corner! I did lots of track days when I had my auto TT and it was competent and survived countless laps of Oulton and Donington. A Supra round Curborough is a bit like flying a jet plane inside the village hall though.

Good call, seen a few quicker cars hit Curborough to be honest, i don't think its too bad. would be more fun on a circuit though..,