The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FCD Reccomendations Please

Guest Jason1

Guest Jason1

Hi

I have done a search but so much conflicting posts and so

It seems like coming across a mines ecu isn't going to happen any time soon

and so it seems I need a FCD,

I have seen the HKS ones but it seems they aren't recommended and so what do you use

and are they easy to setup

Many thanks

In my opinion you want one that doesn't try and copy the output from the map sensor like a lot of them seem to do. You need one that will allow the MAP signal get to the ecu totally untouched until a few mV before fcd and then clamp it at that voltage never allowing it to quite get to fuel cut level. I am pretty sure the HKS one messes about with the signal.

I built a few when I first went TT, first with simple zener diodes and them a bit more elaborate using a second map sensor from a cossie that re-introduced FC at a higher level. But one of the best of the shelf devices I found was made by a guy pretty big in the Daihatsu world called Nathan Munns and he used to sell these on ebay. It was a simple 3 wire device that you just wired across your MAP sensor, either at the sensor or at the ecu end and had a multi turn pot.

Really easy to fit and set up and well made and I am sure if you google him you could find him and see if he still makes them. He used to always have Daihatsu stuff for sale on ebay too so may be worth a search, they were much cheaper than the usual greddy and hks stuff.

Guest Jason1

Thanks Guys

I am currently looking at the turbosmart two,

It seems good value and has a clamp and release and so I could just move the FCD up rather than do away with it altogether

Any thoughts on these?

Guest Jason1

Cheers for that

I have also seen them before and your right the don't come up for sale often

I haven't seen one yet.

The Turbosmart ones are around a ton so not to bad

just need to do a bit more research first.

Alternatively, save yourself some hassle and get a TRL VFCC, they aren't made anymore, but if you out up a wanted thread on here someone will have one. They were made by Thor Racing years ago and used to the the 'go to' fuel cut defender. There are guides around on here on how to fit them and diagrams of the wiring involved. Have a search for VFCC and see if it could be the way to go. :)

Guest Jason1

Thanks for that

I have seen the vfcc but once again I think people hold on to them once they get them

So I cant seem to find one any were

Thanks though