The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Customising a Blitz nur spec R?

evinX

Im sure theres a few of us out there who really want a big exhaust on the supra but minus the annoying sound of one. I used to have a Blitz nur spec years back and loved the look of it. Now my idea is to get another nur spec r and have silencers added to it. Has anyone ever done this before? Its only going on a N/A but want the look minus the sound. Would like some ideas on where to start with this project of mine please

Kev:)

Im sure theres a few of us out there who really want a big exhaust on the supra but minus the annoying sound of one. I used to have a Blitz nur spec years back and loved the look of it. Now my idea is to get another nur spec r and have silencers added to it. Has anyone ever done this before? Its only going on a N/A but want the look minus the sound. Would like some ideas on where to start with this project of mine please

Kev:)

Yeah get a tanabe medalion exhaust, that already is quiet and has the looks.

The Blitz NUR RX has a 2nd silencer on the mid pipe and is a fair bit quieter than the standard NUR R. The NUR R follows almost a straight diagonal line from the 2nd cat back to the bumper on the Supra, so you'd need to check if there's space to add an extra silencer onto the mid pipe.

Some pics of a Jetex stainless steel silencer I recently added onto the mid pipe of an MR2 Blitz NUR R, no more drone and should now pass track noise limits..

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7957/tx7y.jpg

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5088/57l6.jpg

I had an S model also after the R, this is years later and the barrel is much shorter than the R. Never got to fit the R model and want to see one on my supra. But my work hours cant allow for me to be driving a supra at unsocial hours, just going to get me in trouble. But I do love the look of the spec R.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have a Blitz Nur Spec R on my NA. It has a whifbitz first decat followed by a custom second decat (2.5in diameter pipework with a 400mm Jetex oval silencer welded in (just after the gearbox)). This then connects to the blitz exhaust with a 2.5 to 3" adaptor welded on and replaces the flange. I don't have a bung and I think it sounds great. It's pretty loud but is significantly quieter when compared to how it was with just a double decat.

I have a blitz nur spec r system on my car, and recently took the bung out just to see what it was like.

I will be putting the bung back in this week, as its too loud in my opinion.

Lovely sound, but really loud.

I wish I never sold my Tanabe Touring Medalion now, much more classy.