The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do I know if I have an active front spoiler...

gordy.r

I'm going to look a bit silly now... but I have a '94 JDM TT Auto, it has the active spoiler buttons inside the cabin, but they don't seem to light up or do anything when I press them, and short of getting down on this rather damp scottish ground and bending my dodgy old knees until a friendly passer by picks me back up and dusts me down, how can I tell if I do in fact have the active spoiler?

Did all cars come with the buttons but only some were fitted with?

Does it only activate at certain speeds?

Will fitting an RMM lip mean trouble when the spoiler activates or do I need to remove the device (if I have it)?

Will Scotland ever qualify for a World Cup?

Any help or insights much appreciated!

Ignition on (not started) press down it should come down and light up green.

It will go back up once you start the car and only comes down around 55mph or somthing

You should also be able to see it from Underneath

Gordy, the guys above have explained it's function well. It's used like that to clean and inspect it.

If you have the auto spoiler button pressed down all the time, ie leave it in that on position, it will be in automatic mode. It is speed sensitive as stated and comes down at 55mph+ and will retract when you slow to below about 35mph (at a guess) the green light will be on when it's down and off when it's up.

It's designed for crusing on the motorway, if you were doing those speeds on the twisties where it would activate you can press "auto off" to stop it coming down to protect it from scraping/ tearing.

I leave mine on and have no problem.

Edited by Marcus GTE (see edit history)

Just to add Gordy, there's more chance of you pushing that button and 20 brazilian samba girls coming dancing out from under your front bumper than there is of Scotland qualifying for a World Cup...

lol, well I went out and put the key in the ignition, turned it until the dash lights came on but the ignition didn't start, I then held down the right hand button for approximately 5 seconds and.... No lights came on, no spoiler came down, and most disappointing of all no Brazilian samba dancers appeared either.

It appears I just have the buttons but no spoiler... That is unless it is broken.

Tomorrow shall see me either flipping the car over or exiting at 55mph for further diagnostics. :)

Cheers again all!

Gordy, sorry the answer you are looking for is NO. you don't have a extenderble spoiler.

Hope she is running well, and as usual some girls don't do all the things you want them to and your silver girl does not drop her skirt at the press of a button.

Gordy, sorry the answer you are looking for is NO. you don't have a extenderble spoiler.

Hope she is running well, and as usual some girls don't do all the things you want them to and your silver girl does not drop her skirt at the press of a button.

Ahhhh this finalises the answer then lol.

Yes she is running lovely and this strangely unusual hot weather we are experiencing is just the ticket for a nice long drive up north. :)

And your sure there's definitely no button to release dancing Brazilian samba girls from underneath.... ;)