The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lets Talk Upgraded Brake Pads........

MattP

Morning chaps todays glorious topic is going to be Brake Pads

I have a full set of UK spec brakes with all new Toyota discs and pads,Fresh 5.1 fluid and a set of Braided brake lines from Dude@Austec

the brakes are excellent but I keep seeing Chris Wilson Fast Road Pads up on offer and originally my car came into the country with Red Stuff Pads henceforth my questions are this.....

What is the benefit of using upgraded pads?

What are the accepted Genuine Upgraded pads not just fancy brand name with no difference?

My Pins are in good condition but I will be buying a set of stainless pins from Chris Wilson for my next set of pads regardless before its mentioned...

Any feedback from pads from you lot is always helpful so everyone feel free to put your thoughts forward.

Edited by MattP (see edit history)

Wow patience in abundance lol. I got some aftermarket endless CCR ceramic pads on my Mk2 aristo that had dire braking and it made quite a significant difference to both feel, bite, effectivity and fade

I'm full of patience not quite enough to write a response like the one in the supra prices thread you wrote though ;)

Can't comment on the Chris Wilson upgraded pads but I'm sure they're excellent.

I myself ran Hawk HPS (high performance street) pads for a long time on my track car, they were actually the used pads that came with the UK brake set-up I bought from Michel Lane but I was so impressed with the level of stopping power I bought a new front set from Michel to have to hand when the original fronts finally gave in, after at least a dozen track days I might add!

Unfortunately while concentrating on the fronts the health of the rear pads escaped my attention and they were on the metal at the next outing so I decided to upgrade to race pads all around, I still went with Hawk items though as their street pads had served me so well.

I've used endless and stock pads with my UK brakes and fully braided lines on 3G groves discs. I couldn't really notice much difference between pads, apart from the endless pads created far less dust on my wheels. It was the braided lines that made all the difference to me.

I might have driven Biebs car with the Chris Wilson pads Matt and they are very good

I'm going to order the CW pads and stainless pins I was not let down with his caliper rebuild kits so il stick with what chris is selling.