The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New in York

Guest philclark1985

Guest philclark1985

Hi all,

I've just had the pleasure of picking up a 94 Supra in York. Stumbled across the site when looking for info on the idling issues it's experiencing (currently idles at 3500 rpm!) and thought it best to join up!

Look forward to chatting to all of you, and would be hugely appreciative of some much-needed advice.

1st point of call is going to be cleaning out the ICV I think and see how I get on... Any other suggestions would be well received, however.

Cheers,

Phil

supra.jpg

Guest philclark1985

It's an N/a 5-speed. Just cleaned out the ICV and no joy unfortunately, Just taken it for another spin and it's feeling like it wants to drive itself leading me to believe it could be throttle-related. Plus its now idling at nearly 4000 revs....

Found a really useful thread from a year or two back which gave a tutorial on cleaning out the ICv (with pics), don't suppose anyone has one for stripping and cleaning the throttle body?

Guest philclark1985
Welcome did you get your car sorted

Hi guys, the idle issue is still there but had some great advice and the offer of assistance from another member already so hopefully it will be sorted sooner rather than later.

I completely agree that it would be great to meet up with those of you in and around York. Any suggestions for a date and place?

Hi mate I'm over in Ripon. I had this problem a fews years ago. Turned out to be the idle adjustment screw went missing and the throttle was shutting completely and reopening backwards if that makes sense. 60p screw solved the issue. May be worth checking?

Guest philclark1985

Hi guys, don't think I will be heading to this meet as I want to get the car running smoothly before heading out on journeys as far as Leeds...

Dazzi, where should I be looking for the idle adjustment screw? Do you have a NA as well? Any chance you could post up a pic so I know what I'm looking for?

Thanks for the welcome by the way guys. New to at forums and have to say, pretty impressed by the community spirit! :-)

Be good for you to go there mate, plenty of us supra owners in one spot is rare these days, and we all have a wealth of knowledge and can fine tune or fix any problems.

The screw you are after, follow the throttle cable to the manifold and you will see it end on one of two pulleys that control the butterfly valve on the inside of the throttle, have a look around there for it's resting place.

Guest philclark1985

Ah ok, I will have a go at getting the throttle sorted in the next week or so, if I can't manage it, will try and arrange a time to come and see you al at some point before the meet if that's ok?

It would be nice to meet up with other members and get some advice and seen as I have a rare Sunday off that day could be a good plan!

Ah ok, I will have a go at getting the throttle sorted in the next week or so, if I can't manage it, will try and arrange a time to come and see you al at some point before the meet if that's ok?

It would be nice to meet up with other members and get some advice and seen as I have a rare Sunday off that day could be a good plan!

Yeah that's fine mate.

Guest philclark1985

Good news! That seems to have made a huge improvement! Now down to 2100 when cold and dropping gradually. Still needs some fine tuning but that seems to be what the trouble was...

Cheers for the advice guys. Right, on to the next bit: anyone know much about fitting new drop links on the rear suspension?! :-)