The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DVLA cannot find my car !!!!!

bobapple

Hi guys just seeing if anyone has had experience with this my car has been sorn for the last 2 years, been having work done etc just come to try and tax it online and over the phone using my v5 document and they are saying their is no match for the car details :( not sure what I can do, cant speak to a person as it is now to late in the day. Will I be able to tax it tomorrow???

Cheers

Si

If I reg check it, it's there ! it is only when I apply for the tax disc they cant find it argh so annoying so wanted to be driving my car tomorrow, the dvla office in Manchester is grim will they not be able to sort over the phone?

You can try the phone, i got my gf to go because i i'm a lazy ......:)

Haha liking your style :), I don't think local dvla offices exist anymore they closed them all at the end of 2013 B@$terds I can see them making me re apply for a v5 and taking forever to come through the post..gutted

Yup most things are closing down, i had to go all the way to Wrexham and get my new Passport because the local one closed down, then got stuck in the lift for one hour and had to get rescued by the fire brigade :),,lack of maintenance !! i could smell burning as i went up.

Yup most things are closing down, i had to go all the way to Wrexham and get my new Passport because the local one closed down, then got stuck in the lift for one hour and had to get rescued by the fire brigade :),,lack of maintenance !! i could smell burning as i went up.

Eek not a place you want to be stuck if something sets on fire matey, I am learning anything government based sucks a@s.

I was stuck for an hour because the emergency button was f....., !! Fire Brigade got me out in 5 min, my mates thought it was funny as ...lol :)

True friends haha an hour stuck in the lift is grim the only thing that could of made it worse is if their was loads of people in there farting :( course you never get stuck when their is a super hot girl in there haha

oh great just found out the Manchester DVLA office now no longer exist WTF getting really annoyed..

Yeah ALL DVLA offices have now closed. Everything has to be sent down to Swansea now. Some major post offices can do certain things and it's best to check before you post everything down. Plus, when you do post anything to them, do it recorded delivery as then they can check their system to see when it's been received etc and they can't fob you off by saying it was lost in the post!

Good luck!

Just tax it at a post office, bring your V5 and insurance policy cover note, and with the MOT certificate I have here, drying, you should be able to do it locally.

But these days dont they just check the database for everything on your car? and if the car dont exist they wont do it surely.

cheers

Si

I had this exact same problem last week...how stupid are these DVLA guys? I took it off road for a month!

Anyways, as Chris and a few others have said. V5 to the post office, take your MOT and Proof of insurance just incase, but all my local post office needed was my V5 (Everything else is online) I got it taxed there and then :)

I taxed my car last month, they have now computerised the system and you no longer need your insurance cert or mot. It is due to the scrap page of the tax disc later this year, came in on January sometime I think... Good job because I couldn't be bothered printing my cert off as they only ever email the damn things nowadays...

Just an update gents after a few phone calls the car is now taxed and sorted all I have to do now is hope I have not messed to many people around and I can go and pick it up tomorrow. All I can say is thank god that is over till next year haha, Chris I am hoping my brother will be a gent and bring me to yours tomorrow morning if thats okay sorry for the messing around, was just a bit of a shock when the dvla say your car doesn't exist, thanks for all the tips and advise :thumbs: