The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new Supra and a return to the forum!

Glanza_Mike

Hey guys and girls,

Just thought i would make my own thread on here as i will more than likely be posting a decent amount for the foreseeable future as i spend all my hard earned cash on my recent purchase. I joined this forum quite a few years ago when i originally bought a white n/a manual from a member on here. It was a lovely car but i never ended up driving it because soon after i bought it my 'job' didn't go so well for quite a while, so i ended up selling it to a guy from France who came and trailered it away. This was the n/a i owned:

Anyway, over the past 6 weeks or so i'd been looking at the jap auctions, Pistonheads and this forum every day trying to find myself a nice white TT6 Supra in great condition. But just nothing was coming up that was even close to it to be honest. I ended up talking to Jurgen from JM-Imports (as many of us i do i have seen) :) And he had a beautiful stock (apart from the wheels) white TT with low miles coming over but it was a tiptronic. I thought about it for about a week and made him a few offers and we eventually agreed on a price and a deposit was put down :) The car landed in the UK 2 days ago and hopefully i'll be able to pick it up in about 2-3 weeks time!! Very excited right now haha

I don't have many pictures i'm afraid as of yet but here are a few:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10419032_525779250859970_717781579213110093_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10460508_525779474193281_8769216620745544124_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10455843_525884874182741_6610191633125382251_n.jpg

Looking pretty mint underneath :)

I haven't decided exactly which way to go with the car as of yet, i have 2 ideas in my head and they are completely worlds apart in terms of body styling lol

The first is to keep it pretty much stock looking, remove the side skirts and rear spats keep it clean and just change the wheels and get some coilovers. Basically make it look like this:

The second is to get a Do-Luck front and side skirts, with Trial rear, carbon TRD wing, ganadaor mirrors and 19" Rota grid drifts finished in matte purple :D (purple is my favourite colour and i think it would look pretty sweet) :blush: Basically exactly the same as this members car but in white and with different wheels:

I really can't decide at the minute, and i don't need to right away either but your opinions would be appreciated! :) Either way next year i'll more than likely look for a manual gearbox to swap in unless i particularly like the tiptronic which i kinda think is unlikely at the minute but i'm not ruling it out!

So just thought i'd say hi once again, as i was absent for so many years, and that i'll update with some more pictures when i pick the little beauty up at the start of July :)

Wow, well that was pretty one sided haha To be fair i had been leaning slightly towards to the stock look as it is a lovely condition car. That yellow car is verryy pretty though imo :)

And Brazil, i'm not sure what the alglow instrument cluster is but wrt the interior i'm going to be searching for Honda DC5 Integra seats in black, not sure what to do with the rears atm because i doubt they will be used. The wheels are probably going to take me a looonngggggg time to decide upon because if that's the only thing i'll be changing exterior wise i want to make sure i get them absolutely perfect! Any suggestions (and preferably pics too) for wheels for a stock Supra much appreciated :)

As for suspension the chap at SRD recommended Tein Street Flex coilovers for roughly £900, so i'll probably go with those unless someone else has a good suggestion in that price bracket!

I love the yellow one. Always loved the yellow one. Told the owner a few times too. Don't get me wrong, stock is ok (mine is pretty stock) but the do luck front makes the car look so much more aggressive.

Completely agree about the more aggressive looking front with the Do-Luck, it's been my favourite front end for the Supra for about 5 or 6 years hah

I just think the Do-Luck front end suits the car very well, like this one too, looks bloody delicious :)

http://www.iphigento.com/media/blog/2010-11-29-vrac-6/file_20.jpg

I've also noticed that forum members like a very different look to people on the street. Ask non forum people and you may get a different answer. The style of preference on the forum is stock bodied at the moment IMO

But yeah i can clearly see the trend at the moment on the forum is to go for a stock bodied car, and i'll certainly be going back to a completely stock body to start with, because it's very close to that at the minute anyway it will be easy to do, and i do like the look. I'll use it like that for a while and decide what i think will look best. Or see if i fancy a change after a while maybe, i don't know, time will tell....

Hey guys, shouldn't be all that long before i pick up my new car now, very excited :)

I've been looking for wheels over the last week or so and I've kinda decided on which ones to get now. I'd just like to know what you guys recommend in terms of offset. i think 10.5" on the rear and 9.5" on the front is good right? The highest offset i can get for the back is et30, I've done a bit of reading and it seems like a 10.5" et30 wheel will fit the rear with the lip removed from the arch. But for the front i can't seem to find the best offset, i believe i can get this wheel in et30 or et40 9.5" what do you think would be better suited? Thanks

I *think* 30 will fit but its likely to be tight - personally id go for it and make it fit but there will be others who will advise that 40s better suited. Suppose it depends on whether you want a stanced look or want optimal driving performance bud :)

As far as the stock v kit thing goes, kits are more likely to turn heads but stock is where its at with many members these days (including me). If you like the kitted look there's a full ridox in the for sales for a bargain price of £600, imo its still the best looking kit that was made for the supra.

Thanks Jim, Since the last time i posted I've seen a few really nice looking stock(ish) Supras, so i'm fully committed to going that route now. I think some nice wheels, a front lip and potentially a TRD carbon blade spoiler and that's it for exterior apart from lowering it :)

As for stance i want it to look aggressive!! :devil: I'm pretty much decided also on 19" wheels so the optimal driving performance is already kinda out the window :) I just really wanted to know if i can get those 9.5" et30's to fit under the fronts without a ridiculous amount of work or if simply going for a +40 will be a lot easier?

Nice car! I know this because I was in the process of negotiating a deal on it with the trader in Japan..... Until the next day all communication stopped.... And I then seen it advertised on Jurgens page lol!

You've got a good one there and looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

I think Michaels car (yellow one) is lovely. Would like to see what it would look like with your purple idea. As if the purple is a dark shade I reckon it would look great.

It does look lovely! But i meant purple wheels not purple car hah I absolutely love the white Supras i won't change that colour :)

Seen this today, will look nice when its ready, all the best with it buddy. :)

:) Thanks mate, very excited now, shouldn't be long now.

Nice car! I know this because I was in the process of negotiating a deal on it with the trader in Japan..... Until the next day all communication stopped.... And I then seen it advertised on Jurgens page lol!

You've got a good one there and looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Haha seriously? I actually paid more than i wanted to pay for an auto as i was looking for a 6 speed, but i decided it was a low mileage car and in the colour i wanted and also a facelift and clearly in excellent condition so decided to go for it :)

Thanks, I've hardly done any work this week just thinking of all the parts i'm going to buy for it haha I have all the interior and exterior parts planned now can't wait to pick it up and get started!

I'd still like to know if any of you think that 19", 9.5" wide et30 front wheel will fit without toooo much work to the arches though if you can help?

Lovely Supra buddy

Yellow one's mine ... I have owed this car for just over 8 years now and had the car stock for almost 4 years before the kit.. After a while I got bored of the look and wanted to do something different which turned into what you have seen ...

As most people say though you can't beat Stock look with a decent set of wheels so I would say just do that and see how you get on ..

P.S there Blitz skirts in mine not Do-Luck

Thanks mate! you too :)

That is literally the exact style i would go for if i was going to get a kit for my Supra, i think you have very good taste Sir :D After spending ffaaarrrrrrrr too much time over the past 2 weeks or so looking at thousands of pictures of Supras I've decided to go for the 'stock on steroids' look with mine :) Not really because i think it will look any better i think both styles look awesome to be fair but a decent point for me is that with a stock(ish) style i should still be able to get over a lot of speed bumps with it breaking my heart every time i clip the front bumper haha Roads are fucking awful round where i live (or just in the UK in general lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally picked her up!! I got the train up to JM-Imports on Saturday morning and then enjoyed the 4 hour drive home :) Also passed Dave on the way home who had just picked up his green TT6 from Jurgen :D

Sooo in love with this car haha paintwork is bloody lovely and it's just really nice and clean all round really. I've bought a few parts that i'll be fitting this weekend like Amuse R1000 titanium exhaust, some Defi gauges and removing the side skirts and rear spats for stock body trim :)

Here's a few pics taken Saturday afternoon:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10464198_536099786494583_5905230021654262365_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10527399_536100099827885_7967185497430345549_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10492240_536099933161235_507387448761516180_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10447661_536099886494573_1758956179584889701_n.jpg

Since pick up, I've just been cleaning under the bonnet area really, and enjoying driving her around :)

Also went to Santa Pod this weekend with my Dad and my little bro, i drove his black R33 GTR with roughly 600bhp which was pretty sweet :D Here's a quick couple of pics:

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10446129_10152550237094176_6843167911966783413_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10348764_10152550237099176_6512162206035843944_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10535644_10152550237114176_4801054655684936978_o.jpg

I think i'll start another thread this weekend that will follow the progress of the car rather than use this one which was more of a return to the forum post!

That's a lovely car mate definitely keep it white and tidy! There's always huge debate between people about putting a body kit on a Supra but at the end of the day if it's what you like, then don't let anyone else put you off. My Supra has a full body kit made from Top Secret, Trail and Veilside parts and I love it to death! All about personal preference :D

Do you find yourself spending lots of time staring lovingly at it lol?! :D Never changes, I'm on my second supra and eigth year of daily driving, and still spend lots of time gazing at it :D Health to drive Mike, hope it brings you lots of joy, beautiful car mate.