The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trailer sizes and towing points and tips

Philly_1 Lex

Just wondering if anyone knows proper trailer size to tow a supra? (8 or 10ft) - 14ft long and a minimum of 6ft wide is about as small a trailer that can comfortably take a Supra

Next best tow points to for a Supra. - If you are referring to the best method of tying it down on a trailer then the proper wheel straps are the best for any vehicle

Any tips for towing behind an estate? - Not really advised as the towed weight is significant. A large Merc or Audi estate would probably work if desperate, but a large van or jeep is recommended.

My outfit

attachment.php?attachmentid=185623&d=1400166200

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

Just wondering if anyone knows proper trailer size to tow a supra? (8 or 10ft) - 14ft long and a minimum of 6ft wide is about as small a trailer that can comfortably take a Supra

Next best tow points to for a Supra. - If you are referring to the best method of tying it down on a trailer then the proper wheel straps are the best for any vehicle

Any tips for towing behind an estate? - Not really advised as the towed weight is significant. A large Merc or Audi estate would probably work if desperate, but a large van or jeep is recommended.

My outfit

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=185623&d=1400166200

Pedro exactly what looking for. Cheers mate.

Chris sorry I confused you.

The problem is you need a LOOOONG trailer as you need to keep the car fairly far back to keep the nose weight sane for a lightweight towing vehicle to handle. Otherwise, if the bumper is nearly over the tow hitch the nose weight is such the front wheels of the tow car will be pawing the air and it will be dire to drive, if not downright dangerous. It's not hard to confuse me, no apologies needed ;)