The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ultralite GT-II & UK brake clearance

pedrosixfour

Hi all.

I'm thinking of changing my beloved 17" Volks to something in an 18" to make use of the seemingly plentiful supply of wide track rubber size available for the bigger diameter rims.

Just spotted a set of Ultralite GT-II rims, supposedly in 9" & 10" widths, although looking at the manufacturer's website that's probably 8.5" & 9.5" instead.

The seller as of yet has no idea of the offset but again looking at the website the 18" x 8.5" only seem to come in ET+30 & ET+35 anyway.

So can anyone confirm whether either one or both of these offsets will clear UK brakes without the need for spacers?

Anything special/silly required to fit, internal drive wheel nuts or other such bolloxology?

Any general thoughts on the make of rims as well regarding strength & such, they'll be for the track car so overall appearance of the finish will never really bother me.

http://www.ultralitewheels.com/ulgt2/gt_II_header.jpg

http://www.ultralitewheels.com/gt-2.htm

Thanks in advance,

Damien.

Thanks lads, they do look well on both Supras, just to clarify, you were both running 18's with UK brakes & no spacers?

I'm going to look at them tomorrow evening, I'll bring a spare front disk & a template of the caliper profile. If the wheels clear and they're as clean as they're supposed to be I'll probably bring them home.

Unless I'm ignorant to some reason why these are totally unsuitable for track use?

I'd dearly love the 18" equivalent of what I'm running now but I doubt they'd be easily sourced.

Are the tuner nuts available in steel?

Aluminium nuts are prohibited on track aren't they?

The car has some new 18" shoes with plenty of room for 4 pot calipers.

Black centres & very smart polished lips, virtually mark free.

They're gonna look so out of place on my heap!

They came with a reasonable, albeit cheap, set of tyres. Probably not worth flogging on so I'll burn them off at the next track day & give my Kumhos a break.

Thanks for all the assistance guys.