The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question about V8 conversion

Konrad

Hi folks :)

As my V8 is slowly getting to stage where it wil be put into engine bay, I have couple of questions:

1. Power steering lines - PAS pump is on the RH side of the car where MKIV originally have all lines on LH side. What have you done to sort this out?

2. There is water pipe going on the LH side of the engine from block to thermostat housing - originally it was cooling oil going through oil housing next to oil filter. As i have to use Soarer oil filter housing (engine is from LS400), there is no cooling there. Can i simply ditch this pipe and blank holes?

1. Extend the lines or use the Soarer lines as they are made to fit properly. Low pressure side can use oil resistant hose and jubilee clips - only the high pressure side needs to be crimped with banjos.

2. Yes - you can remove the water cooling and blank the connection on the block (The LS400 cooler will fit on the oil filter housing but IIRC will foul the steering rack)