The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My first Supra, formerly owned by SPG

mick901

Thought I'd start a thread about my new car, picked it up from Sunny last weekend and having had a week to get used to the car I absolutely love it. Owning a Supra has been a long time coming! Great guy by the way, very helpful, so thanks to him and many thanks to Jurgen at JM-Imports after he gave me a refund on my deposit after nothing popped up in Japan and Sunny's car came back onto the market.

Since getting the car I've changed the radio that was in it to a JVC double-din I bought from Halfords, just went for a cheap model as I'm not overly fussed about listening to music in the car but it improved the look of the inside. The car had been polished by a bodyshop while Sunny had it and unfortunately not to a great standard, there were a lot of swirl marks etc. on the paint which spoiled the look of it when in the sun, so I've given it a machine polish to the best of my abilities and it's came out quite nicely, better than I expected it to anyway.

I only have the one picture at the minute but this is how it looked this morning after the cleaning and polishing;

As far as plans go I'll probably leave the car as it is for a while, may look to get the seats re-trimmed in leather and I may change the wheels as I usually like a nice polished rim against black but for now I'm just going to enjoy her as she is :)

Edited by mick901 (see edit history)

Just don't put a UV light under the drivers seat Sunny is known to get a little excited :D

I thought as much when he led me a merry dance on my test drive down some dark alley and well, lets leave it there.. :(

Not to far from me then, im just outside of houghton, Matt is from hillbillyland (crook)

Not far at all, sometimes through that way now and again, never been to Crook though!

I thought as much when he led me a merry dance on my test drive down some dark alley and well, lets leave it there.. :(

Not far at all, sometimes through that way now and again, never been to Crook though!

I Gots me one of dem derrr Supra car thingys :drag:

I Gots me one of dem derrr Supra car thingys :drag:

Lovely it is as well

Very nice car :)

Personally I would get a smaller plate from Jurgen

Aye, will be sorting a smaller plate out once I've stuck a private reg on it.

Thanks for comments, over the moon with the car :)

• 10 months later...

About time I updated this I think!

Loving the car so far, everything I remembered from my dad having Supra's and more. Done a few things with it but nothing major, changed the wheels and put some XXR 531's on but I'll probably change those next year. Liking some of the Work wheels Driftworks have but not sure on which ones to go for, considering the Seeker FX but nothing decided yet;

I've also added a few carbon fibre bits, Powerhouse Racing filler cap (also have the PHR billet gear lever), TRD strut brace on the front and Whifbitz strut brace on the back. Pics of some of those;

Some new facelift headlights went in too and this is pretty much how she's sitting now;

Unfortunately during winter someones fkn slate fell off their roof and onto my tailgate and rear quarter so I need that seeing to at some point along with a couple of other bits (need a facelift nearside front lower wishbone with a good ball-joint if anyone has anything?). I'm under strict orders from the girlfriend to save up though so certain things will have to wait. Apparently buying a house will be better than buying car parts :blink: women are strange..

Anyway I have my service bits coming from Opie Oils this week so that's my next job when I get a minute at work!

The XXR's are 18X8.5 ET35 front and 18X9.5 ET35 rear. I had to put a 10mm spacer on the front and give the caliper a bit of a shave which is the main reason I'll probably be changing them when money permits, not comfortable with them. Those sizes would be fine on a car with J-Spec/smaller brakes but they struggled with my UK's on the front, rears will clear fine.