The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some feedback required

_Shane_

As most of you know I have my Supra up for sale at the moment

I said i would ask ye for some opinions / feedback on what ye think of the car as it stands right now?

I thought i would have had more interest from people regards to selling it but that unfortunately is not the case

Is the BN kit throwing people off the car?

Thanks

I'd say for that sort of money I'd like at least one picture of the car as it'll be when I pay for it. That means everything shut, the right wheels on and clean. I'd also like a full set of pictures of the car including any paintwork problems highlighted.

Basically, you've spent a long time on the advert, but it could be more complete to ask that amount of cash.

Just to add my views also (as thats what the thread is about)

Car: I think a lot of time and money has gone into the car and the single setup is great. As mentioned the BN kit is a bit Marmite and as some of the panels are blended and in a non OEM colour, it wouldnt be a straight forward task of sourcing different OEM bits/aftermarket kit to suit the potential buyers tastes (should they not be a fan of the BN kit) and swapping them across.

Price: Again as mentioned is the top end of the market for a Single Turbo Supra, not saying that they don't come around as Im sure they do but you're appealling to a very Niche section of the audience.

Location: I know Ireland isn't a million miles away. But, potential buyers (outside of Ireland) would still have to fly/ferry over to view the car etc then work out means of bringing it back, registering it for UK (or whatever country they live in) roads etc etc.

Not trying to sound negative about the car or anything as its a nice example so please don't interpret it that way GLWTS

The kit will put a lot of people off I think, some members do like that sort of thing though, I'd put a load more pictures up, get a dyno print up, and put the £ price in the advert as said above, £18,500 sounds a lot better than €23,000 :)

I was thinking of holding off putting up the ad until the car arrived back with all the latest work completed (wire tuck / clutch / mapping etc)

I will get a proper shoot of the car done when it returns so everyone can see it from all angles. Also a dyno graph will be put up

And i do agree the bn kit can be a love hate thing

Thanks for the feedback lads I appreciate it

Lads if ye dont like the kit that is no bothers I just want people to give their opinion and if removing the bn kit and fitting back oem kit will help with sale then that will be something i will seriously look into doing

Engine bay wiring is almost all sorted (wire tuck) and once completed its mapping time then :)