The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice

Guest sheila

Guest sheila

Hi there is there anyone who could give me some advice on a price of parts and labour on work that was done to my supra?

.front and back bushes ,replacing two bulbs in dashboard, two front brake pads, Was charged way over what the price should have been, but really need some advice, please help!

Thanks

Edited by sheila
want to delete (see edit history)

front and back bushes? there is quite a few? if it was all of them i would say they can (usually are) a right pita to get out as they tend to seize in place.. i cant give you a price on how much it should be just that it probably would take longer that what you probably imagined it would. did they not quote you before hand?

Guest sheila
How many hours did they charge for?

They charged me 32 hours labour 1400 I paid the initial bill was 1700 but I managed o get him down to that I didn't want to pay that either but they refused to give me my car the mechanic told me he worked less than 15 hours on it but has now denied saying that

Guest sheila
front and back bushes? there is quite a few? if it was all of them i would say they can (usually are) a right pita to get out as they tend to seize in place.. i cant give you a price on how much it should be just that it probably would take longer that what you probably imagined it would. did they not quote you before hand?

They replaced all four the bushes came to 90 quid to buy. The initial bill was 1700 but managed to get it down to 1400 the mechanic told me he did less than 15 hrs labour and the garage is charging me 32. The mechanic is now denying saying it which I totally understand because of his job but it doesn't help me atall

Guest sheila
Isn't this your 3rd or 4th thread on this?!

Still getting to grips with using the site so it probably is lol Not very good with computers. soz

Guest sheila
2nd one today I think, been going on since May.

yep been going on a while had few replies but still could do with some more help,

Still getting to grips with using the site so it probably is lol Not very good with computers. soz

Was just curious that's all. If you go to your started threads which should be on the left somewhere then you can stick to one thread :)

I'm sure the mods will clear it up ;)

yep been going on a while had few replies but still could do with some more help,

Best to bump the original thread rather than creating separate threads. 1 it won't piss the mods off and 2 the advice is contained in one place.

i think you are good enough at computers if you can create 3 identical threads in a few sections of the forum ;)

Guest sheila
Was just curious that's all. If you go to your started threads which should be on the left somewhere then you can stick to one thread :)

I'm sure the mods will clear it up ;)

I haven't got a clue how to work this site I was on it few years back but stopped because didn't know what I was doing as you can tell I still don't