The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra failed it's mot today

drift_bear

I went to a new garage today for a "friendly" mot since my usual one is having problems with the machine. I was recommended this garage from a female friend because she uses it for her FTO that's running full stainless and de-cats.

I knew there was nothing wrong with my supra and the only issue would be the emissions, so I got her to book it in to her garage and tell them my supra was de-catted..... And the out come was they FAILED the car on petty things tbh and weren't "friendly" at all!!

Am I over reacting in thinking that I've been done over because I'm not a pretty girl with tits and a vagina?! Luckily I have a cat on it's way to me just now, but my mot expires Friday, so the chances of getting a test this week are slim now

I went to a new garage today for a "friendly" mot since my usual one is having problems with the machine. I was recommended this garage from a female friend because she uses it for her FTO that's running full stainless and de-cats.

I knew there was nothing wrong with my supra and the only issue would be the emissions, so I got her to book it in to her garage and tell them my supra was de-catted..... And the out come was they FAILED the car on petty things tbh and weren't "friendly" at all!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/04/beve3adu.jpg

Am I over reacting in thinking that I've been done over because I'm not a pretty girl with tits and a vagina?! Luckily I have a cat on it's way to me just now, but my mot expires Friday, so the chances of getting a test this week are slim now

I hope you tell your friend of this! Also that is the most petty excuse for an MOT fail I've ever seen. I'd have told the bloke how petty that was too!

Why did you tell them it's De-catted? that's your fail right away.

Supras don't have to have the CAT test do they?

Because she uses the garage for all her cars, so knows the guys pretty well. If it's a TT it needs to have a cat, cause you can find it in the uk system

Although below would cover emissions maybe, not the rest of the stuff.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img404/7559/picture1sf.jpg

Would still need the car though mate, the rear seats were taken apart when I was running my cage, there's no seat belts in the rear and half a seat to keep the noise down

I hope you tell your friend of this! Also that is the most petty excuse for an MOT fail I've ever seen. I'd have told the bloke how petty that was too!

I did have a few choice words to say to the tester!

My local MOT station were fine when I told them it was an import and had no cats.

They did a quick check on their computer to find out the non cat test, and passed fine.

The rear seats is a bit of a weird one.

No 002 is a load of bull!

He would need a similar car there for that comparison, and he is assuming.

My local MOT station were fine when I told them it was an import and had no cats.

They did a quick check on their computer to find out the non cat test, and passed fine.

The rear seats is a bit of a weird one.

No 002 is a load of bull!

He would need a similar car there for that comparison, and he is assuming.

I know Al, he knew it was an import, but to my understanding because there is a uk TT then it will be in the system anyway as having a cat

Mate if you come to glasgow i will have it sorted for you. The way it is.

Will drop you a pm dude :thumbs:

I know Al, he knew it was an import, but to my understanding because there is a uk TT then it will be in the system anyway as having a cat

Yeah but some places will just take it as a non cat test.

I joined a local boy racer group on Facebook to find proper friendly mot stations and loads of people recommended this one garage so I went and they were great

Yeah but some places will just take it as a non cat test.

I joined a local boy racer group on Facebook to find proper friendly mot stations and loads of people recommended this one garage so I went and they were great

Never thought of joining a boy racer page :rlol:

Guest h2jz

I didn't know there was any law for excessive exhaust noise. Do they have a decibel tester at the garage to compare cars or does the tester have one built in his ears?

I didn't know there was any law for excessive exhaust noise. Do they have a decibel tester at the garage to compare cars or does the tester have one built in his ears?

The noise level is all down to the tester really and what he thinks is sensible/reasonable

Still think you should come down here and make a weekend of it by going to the Bluewater meet. And I offered to pay for half of your fuel... lol

Haha you know if I could afford it in general I would ben! The joys of changing job, need to watch my money just now

The bit I can't get over is the fact when I went for an mot at a new garage I said to them its decatted etc and they told me it wouldn't pass. These guys were all to happy to take your money and fail it even though you'd already spoken to them..... Disgusting. Name and shame I say!

For me, they do a quick check outside for another car, and bring that in if my emissions are high and it fails the first time.

Friendly MOT stations are only friendly if you have known them for years.

People now days complain about everything and wouldn't stop to cast the finger of blame at an MOT station if something went amiss. They need to know through trust that you aren't a complaining winge-bag or a grass.

I get my motorbike MOTs with a small number plate attached, no reflector, noisy exhaust etc. I wouldn't dream of telling a police offer "Well it was MOTed like that". But some people would.

Find a nice garage/guy, and stick with them.