The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guest Luke153

Guest Luke153

Hi,

completely new to supras, dont know anything about them really but always loved them & always wanted one.

with now being 22 years old and having 3 years ncb, the cost of insurance is a lot more justifiable, so ive joined the forum to have a look around and maybe get some advice on different cars :D

realistically coming from a 2 litre duratec in my fiesta st, i think it would be wise for me to go for a N/A 2JZGE (i think thats the right engine lol) first as obviously its a lot quicker and more powerful, also ive not owned a rwd car before.

Anyway, any advice on weather i should go N/A or TT is welcome & Hi to everyone :D

Luke.

Guest Luke153
Hi Luke and welcome to the club :)

Both N/As and TTs are reliable, so see if you can drive or have a ride in them, look at the costs and then go from there :)

just out of curiosity what sort of mileage do these engines go till? providing there being looked after obviously.

im very impatient and ill have about 4-5k to spend in a month or so, so thinking about a N/A Manual or 10k in janurary which seems like a price i can get a decent TT for.

Im not rushing in to anything yet though, going to have a look around for the perfect one first.

Luke.

Guest Luke153
Hi mate if you wont to have a look and a chat. We have a meet at bluewater this friday.

Ye ok what sort of time Friday?

Guest Luke153

Thanks for the info guys! I'll try and make it down in my little fez! Haha, it would definately be good to take a ride in the passengers seat!

Welcome to the club! You can pick up a really tidy N/A for under £4k, but if you have a passenger ride in a TT you'll want a TT lol, trust me :D

Either way, good strong cars with good reliable engines if they have been looked after and serviced regularly and properly.

Don't discount the Auto box either, there's lots of fun to be had in an Auto Supra!

As for weather, it's all dependant on how sensible you are in the wet conditions, a good set of tyres and no heavy right foot and you'll be fine.

All the best and good luck with the search!

Guest Luke153
Welcome to the club! You can pick up a really tidy N/A for under £4k, but if you have a passenger ride in a TT you'll want a TT lol, trust me :D

Either way, good strong cars with good reliable engines if they have been looked after and serviced regularly and properly.

Don't discount the Auto box either, there's lots of fun to be had in an Auto Supra!

As for weather, it's all dependant on how sensible you are in the wet conditions, a good set of tyres and no heavy right foot and you'll be fine.

All the best and good luck with the search!

I thought this might be the case with the tt! But personally I think I should get a decent n/a to start with and to help me get used to rwd and the extra power!

To be honest I've always been a manual driver and never really considered an auto, driven a few semi autos but just not a fan of fully auto.

Guest Luke153

Just seen this on Facebook and i was just wondering if anyone knew this car? It's for sale where I live, Maidstone! And was wondering what you lot thought about it, 156k shell but 65k engine with manual conversion.

It seems like exactly what I'm after!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg