The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Twin EGT sensors for HKS big twins

markssupra

As some of you may know I have a HKS GT2835 twin kit to fit on my build. I have noticed fittings for two EGT sensors on my manifold, one fitting just before each turbo flange.

I will be running a syvecs with an IO expander so:

1, Can I run two EGT sensors?

2, Do I need to run two EGT sensors?

3, If I only need one, which position would be best, before front turbo one or before rear turbo two?

The two fittings can be seen in this pic, I want to get either one or both welded in soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=186632&stc=1&d=1401795656

DSC_1272.jpg

Thanks mate, I assume the reason for two would be that there could be a temperature difference seen at either turbo? This is how I bought the kit but not sure which ECU he was running with these twins so I cant compare.

I'll order two new ones then.

You will have the first EGT sensor for cylinder 1-3, the second for cylinder 4-6.

If you would happen to have an issue on one of the cylinders, where EGT would raise, you should have 2 sensors. The Syvecs will nevertheless survey all the parameters, and with only 1 EGT sensor, 3 cylinder wouldn't be monitored as they should.

Don't forget that you need Syvecs specific sensors (I had to remove my old ones from the Defi gauge and replace by Syvec sensor) ;)

You will have the first EGT sensor for cylinder 1-3, the second for cylinder 4-6.

If you would happen to have an issue on one of the cylinders, where EGT would raise, you should have 2 sensors. The Syvecs will nevertheless survey all the parameters, and with only 1 EGT sensor, 3 cylinder wouldn't be monitored as they should.

Don't forget that you need Syvecs specific sensors (I had to remove my old ones from the Defi gauge and replace by Syvec sensor) ;)

I found the syvecs Inconel EGT sensors on Whifbitz, so assume they are the correct ones.