The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Importing Supra to Norway

_Shane_

From my understanding, yes. Many countries that way will only allow tem to register euro spec cars due to conformity issues, emissions etc. I don't think they can buy in J-Spec cars or any that have had auto-manual conversions as the VIN plate won't match the car spec.

I could be wrong but I think it's correct.

From what I understand that used to be the case but lately we have seen loads of Supra's going to Europe. I pretty sure it is much easier now than it used to be hence why it has shifted.

Get them to find out by speaking to the local authority. From a quick search it seems you can bring it in for less than one year with no issues. Anything longer than that then it needs to pass the local test (assuming like an MOT) and that it needs to have all tax duty's paid.

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Norway/Norway-Guide/Travel-Leisure/Importing-a-car

Guest MINTER

have sold a few skylines to mainland europe and from what i remember the lads had to do conversion work for LHD etc to pass the country "MOTs" like work on the lights etc,id assume thats why hes asking .I know on my last R34 that went to germany the guy had to pay 3k Euro plus to convert it