The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lewis's UK TT 6 at Invisible Touch Detailing

Stonkin

Hi,

I was contact by Lewis to prepare his car for several road trips and big events he has coming up this year. After the SRD team gave his car a clean bill of health, his rare, UK Twin Turbo 6 speed Supra came to Invisible Touch for some more pampering. This was his car on arrival....

The tyres were then cleamed with APC to degrease them

And the newly refurbished alloys with Bilberry

The engine bay was then degreased using a stronger solution of APC and various brushes. The car was then washed with Shampoo Plus, clayed and washed again. It was then taken inside and dried with Last Touch

Inspecting the paint under halogen lighting. Showing the paint condition on camera with a white car can be very hard, but these were the shots i managed to take. Aside from the swirls, white cars suffer hugely from engrained black staining in the paint, creating a very dull appearance and masking the paints true colour, this car was certainly no different

I then proceeded to machine polish the car using a Makita rotary, 3M polishing pad and Meguiars polish. You can already see the difference in colour between the bonnet, roof and wing mirrors! Those of you with dirty screens would be best to clean them now :)

Unpolished side underneath the rear bumper

Polished side

Unpolished left side of bumper

Polished right side of bumper

The front bumper had quite a nasty scuff on the drivers corner

Not completely removed as it was quite deep, but much better and far less noticeable

Once all polishing was complete, the paint was wiped down with IPA to fully remove any polishing oils. I then applied Lime Prime Lite which will further help to prepare the paint for wax/sealant and also add some more depth and gloss

I then applied 1 layer of Collinite Sealant. This will offer some great durability and also be a good base for future products. This was buffed off and left to fully cure for 5 hours. I then applied 1 layer of Victoria Concourse wax which gave the car even more dpeth and a lovely warm glow

All external rubbers and plastics were then treated with Bumper Care

The tyres were treated with Endurance Gel and alloys sealed with Collinite

The glass was polished inside and out, carpets cleaned and hoovered, all interior surfaces cleaned with APC. The leather was then conditioned with Gliptone

And a few final pictures outside

Lewis is a great member with a lovely car i know he is proud of. I hope you enjoyed the Murci, McLaren and ride in the F Type Lewis :)

Thanks for looking,

Christian

Thanks Christian, certainly did, quietly monitoring the residuals on F-types now!

Top work as always, I used to think it looked alright when I'd cleaned it until I picked it up the other day. It looked brand new and (in my opinion at least) didn't look out of place in that special garage.

I'll be back again in future and would certainly recommend your services to other members.

Lewis