The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What sealant/wax to use?

Sukhy

Depends on your budget. But I will recommend Migliore.

I have a white Supra and found different wax will work differently on different colour cars, but the Migliore wax gave the wet look I was after and still going strong after two months.

What colour is your Supra, there are wax created for certain colours.

Thanks for the response guys.

Ideally as mentioned I would like to get both the bling look and durability for the longest time but can sacrifice this for having the wet look for shorter periods.

My car is blue, see below: -

Budget depends on the product itself but don't mind paying a decent amount for a better wax.

How about Swissvax?

Are there many decent ones available in shops these days or do they have to be ordered online?

There's more choice online. Most local shops will stock Autoglym, rarely anything else.

Swissvax is good, like peter richards its all down to personal choice.

I have many different wax, its a matter of trying it and see if you like it :)

thanks dim sum , I often advise my customers on what I think is the best , but if they prefer a particular brand then ill either buy it in apply then leave the pot with them , or if they have said wax just use what they want, a lot of companys now do small panel pots work out with postage about 10 pounds , maybe enough to do a small car , but gives you an idea of what it does before spending £70+ on a big pot

As Peter has said, a lot to do with the final finish is all in the prep before hand. Thorough cleaning, claying, polishing, glazes then wax/sealant. Some people dont mind spending time every 2 or 3 months reapplying wax, some people hate it and want to apply 1 product every year or two, such as nano coatings, GTechniq and several other options etc But these will require more careful prep, cloths will need to be binned after use as the products will crystalise on them and scratch the paint if re-used and the environment of application with regards to dust, ambient temps and not getting the car wet for a certain amount of time after applying are a factor to think about, or durability will be affected.

I like the Swissvax range, Best of Show especially. Victoria Concourse is great, especially when multi layered. There are so many options available, decide what you want to spend, and what is more important out of looks and durability :)

Thanks for the responses guys.

I will look into a few and see how i get on. As mentioned, it might just be a case of trying various ones and then deciding on what works best for me.

Would be well worth trying to track down some samples if thats the case. The detailing world forum has a pretty active selling section where you can picked up used stuff on the cheap, might save a bit over buying new :cool: