The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Red optima battery cables need extending

skippyboyo1

Hi guys.... Just wanting to draw on anyone's experience.

I have the above battery which is too tall for my standard cables to reach... Not only that, I will also need to change the actual clamps as the terminals are now in the middle of the battery not the side so my "L" type brackets won't fit.

Am I right in saying I need to cut the standard wire and use a junction box to then extend to a new camp? Again doing this on the negative also?

Does anyone have any idea where to get the bits.... I've looked on eBay with no luck.

Thanks

I had one needed to lift it as well , my terminals had like screw clamps on them so just worked out the length I needed went to a battery centre and got a cable about a foot long with eyes already on then cut it in half bought some terminal clamps from Halfords job done .

then the battery fooked up so back to normal now , personally not worth the messing around , you don't get any more warrante than normal batterys , wish I hadn't wasted my time and money

I had one needed to lift it as well , my terminals had like screw clamps on them so just worked out the length I needed went to a battery centre and got a cable about a foot long with eyes already on then cut it in half bought some terminal clamps from Halfords job done .

then the battery fooked up so back to normal now , personally not worth the messing around , you don't get any more warrante than normal batterys , wish I hadn't wasted my time and money

Cool cheers guys..... I need this battery as a standard one won't take my soundsystem