The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best coilovers?

jazz1

Ok I currently have my eyes on Tein mono but someone told me today I could get something much better for the same price range, I don't want HKs stuff anymore as my ones have corroided abit. I read few points about the KW V3, what's the best for the supra?

For a reasonable price Nitron double adjustables take some bettering. You need to buy stuff that can be serviced in the UK.

But you say "the best" which would be bespoke from somewhere like Exe-TC and cost more than the car itself is worth. http://www.exe-tc.co.uk/world-rally-suspension

Eibach also made some absolutely top end ultra lightweight, ultra low internal friction dampers but I think they have stopped production now. I have a couple of sets for Skylines and they are breathtakingly intricate inside and a joy to work with.

I also heard there is this elusive thing called a search bar, yet no one can ever seem to track the little critter down.

I hate it when I have to tell Mod's they are wrong. But seriously you are. The forum has never had a search bar.

Honestly, you should know better.

I've had loads of setups including CW/HKS/Tein/Ohlins/HSD/BC/Cussco/Ksport and nothing has come close to Tein Mono flex IMHO, such a nice street setup, the confidence that kit gave me was brilliant. Ask Lee what he thinks also, he has driven just about every setup there is.

As they are adjustable in bump and rebound over a wide range (and adjustable for slow speed bump as well, on the triple adjustable models) they can be tailored for limousine ride to track set up, given the correct spring rates. If the stock adjustment range of the valving isn't adequate they will do a custom valving for you, as I do with Bilsteins. But if you intend dropping the car very low you might as well put some cheap Chinese stuff on it, as good dampers will be wasted, it'll still handle like a dog ;)

Edited by Chris Wilson
Spelling (see edit history)

After seeing the quality on the Nitron R1 I think il probably go down this route, cheers guys for the advice input.

I have a set if nitrons on my supra jazz! I had them built for road use and they are superb. The build quality is amazing and there after sales is top notch well worth every penny! They are not of the shelf items so when you order them give them as much information about your car as you can as they will be built specifically for your supra, think there is about a 3 week waiting for them to be built but well worth it.

If I'm honest I would go for the R1 setup as they are more suited to the road that's what I have, think the R3 will be a bit over kill for anything less then on the track

Edited by fastcar (see edit history)

Thanks guys :) never heard of this brand before wish I had as the titanium finish and quality looks superb, unlike my hks hypermax III that have corroded for something I hardly driven and used in the rain!

I have left it with my tuner he will customise them accordingly and I think R1 is more suited for my needs ;).

I have a set if nitrons on my supra jazz! I had them built for road use and they are superb. The build quality is amazing and there after sales is top notch well worth every penny! They are not of the shelf items so when you order them give them as much information about your car as you can as they will be built specifically for your supra, think there is about a 3 week waiting for them to be built but well worth it.

If I'm honest I would go for the R1 setup as they are more suited to the road that's what I have, think the R3 will be a bit over kill for anything less then on the track

Sounds great from your experience they look very professional and quality from the pictures.