The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Do You Sit in Yours?

carl0s

How do you sit in yours?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How do you sit in yours?

• Left leg bent
    • Left leg straight
    • You're so far off the mark, it's remarkable. Allow me to explain...

How do you sit in yours?

I always sit with my left leg bent, toe on the deadpedal/footrest and knee resting against the transmission tunnel. I apply pressure on the footrest to keep myself in place. It gets tiring after a while and you feel as though you're sat at an angle.

Just now I tried sitting with my legs straight. It felt so very comfortable, but I felt like I was on the floor and not in control.

I have the seat height all the way up, then down a notch to create a slight recess for my (nice) arse, else I feel like I'm going to slide off the seat unless I push myself away from the footrest even more (as above).

What I want to know is, How Do You Sit in Yours?

1. Left leg bent

http://www.css-networks.com/sit/bent/1.JPG http://www.css-networks.com/sit/bent/2.JPG

2. Left leg straight

http://www.css-networks.com/sit/straight/1.JPG http://www.css-networks.com/sit/straight/2.JPG

3. You're so far off the mark, it's remarkable. Allow me to explain...

(please do)

well I guess if you've got no choice ..

I'm interested to see we have a few straight people here. I might try it more often. Do any of you have any thoughts - do you feel wierd sat like that or what?

I just think it would be so much better. Imagine sitting in the cockpit of a McLaren F1. Surely your legs would be straight.

well I guess if you've got no choice ..

I'm interested to see we have a few straight people here. I might try it more often.

Look Carl, what you do in the privacy of your own home is none of our business :D

Seriously, I'm 6'4", so like darkrider666, I've got no choice but to bend my legs. I try to keep the right one straight as possible, pressing my foot hard to the floor ;)

Look Carl, what you do in the privacy of your own home is none of our business :D

Seriously, I'm 6'4", so like darkrider666, I've got no choice but to bend my legs. I try to keep the right one straight as possible, pressing my foot hard to the floor ;)

LOL :D

right carlos i'me back, it was p***ing down and my slippers are wet but in the name of research i toughed it out, seat back measures 48mm from the rear seat and is at an angle of 22 degrees, when i look at the steering wheel it is dead level with the top of the dash, my left leg is slightly bent allmost straight, however i am only 5ft 8", as we're pushing back the boundarys hear should'nt this post be in the technical section ?? :stupid:

right carlos i'me back, it was p***ing down and my slippers are wet but in the name of research i toughed it out, seat back measures 48mm from the rear seat and is at an angle of 22 degrees, when i look at the steering wheel it is dead level with the top of the dash, my left leg is slightly bent allmost straight, however i am only 5ft 8", as we're pushing back the boundarys hear should'nt this post be in the technical section ?? :stupid:

Excellent work Paul! I tried straight legged again and wasn't too sure how I felt. I'll try your settings tomorrow ;)

Get in car, take off shoes. When driving, I have my left leg either tucked back under the seat (dont ask me how) or on the dead pedal with knee against the tranny tunnel thing. Seat is low with the back reclined and the steering wheel on the lowest possible setting (have to raise it to get out of the car!).

Think I fall into the "You're so far off the mark, it's remarkable. Allow me to explain... " catagory!!

Get in car, take off shoes. When driving, I have my left leg either tucked back under the seat (dont ask me how) or on the dead pedal with knee against the tranny tunnel thing. Seat is low with the back reclined and the steering wheel on the lowest possible setting (have to raise it to get out of the car!).

Think I fall into the "You're so far off the mark, it's remarkable. Allow me to explain... " catagory!!

Crikey, I think you do :D

I used to have my seat low and reclined right up until the sideways wall disaster. I quickly realised that it isn't a very commanding position!