The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Unsteady throttle response

ballsdeep

So I have another thread going for a knock noise I'm getting but Iv recently picked up on something else, it might not be related but any info I can get might help me identify what this worrying noise is and hopefully fix my jerky throttle response?

So here's a short video unfortunately the knock can't be heard but what you can see is as I'm very gently raising the rpm to 1k the needle suddenly jumps a couple of hundred rpm? May or May not be linked but certainly doesn't help with cruising and causes a jerky acceleration but only at take off?? Any ideas??

http://youtu.be/E2NTCbT9BFU

The knock I can hear it at 1000rpm - idle and 8/900rpm - when rolling in 1st gear while gently increasing speed?

Here's the original knock thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?307803-One-single-knock-noise-1k-when-revved-(video)

It's getting quite annoying now.. Anyone have any ideas? Is it common for a tps to stick?

I can't hear anything from outside, the only other info I can give is the idle hunts ever so slightly? Warm its @ 900rpm Maybe time to get it in a garage, I just wish I knew somewhere local who knows there stuff around supra's!

Like Chris says, TPS will do that. So would a sticky throttle butterfly or cable. Try raising the revs slowly using the throttle mechanism itself. If it still hops, you've ruled out the cable and should feel any sticking through the mechanism. My money's on the TPS though.