The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boost leak

flyby

I found that boot on turbo side is the 1,4 bar i want, but at the intake no more than 1,25.

I made a test on my intercooler, at found a boost leak. That is fixed now.

But that did'n help.

Is there known places to check intakemanifold for leaks ?

any other ideers ?

:)

Boost should be 1.2bar on a BPU supra, anything higher is overspeeding the turbos, just heating up the intake charge, and runs the risk of going lean - all of which adds up to detonation :) And yes, it's measured after the throttle body, so Manifold pressure. The pressure at the turbo outlet will be higher, and some pressure will be lost across the intercooler as it goes from a narrow fast flow to a wide obstructed flow and back again. I've got no actual measurements on a Supra, but a quick google shows anything from 1 to 2psi all the way up to 8 (over half a bar!). Depends on cooler size, volume, and end tank design.

If you fancy measuring yours before and after, please post up the results :thumbs: