The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Side skirts dilemma...

ballsdeep

I need some help or inspiration (pictures) I have in my posesion stock side pods and trim and some copy do-luck skirts and can't for the life of me make a decision which to fit?

I currently have veilside skirts fitted now I know there marmite but one day I like them the next I'm thinking of ripping them off but I can never bring myself to do it?

Veilside - less work

Do-luck - possibly a lot of work (fitment issues?)

Stock - I'd like to keep the rear spats I have but don't know how it would look?

I think the subject of body kits is all about balance by this I mean if your going to use your pods you'll be better off going total stock and losing the spats or fit the side skirts and add a bumper or a lip to the car and keep the spats luckily for you black in either stock trim or modified trim works well IMO

image.jpg

Mine wearing veilside with trd wing

image.jpg

And now wearing oem skirts stock bumper and a lip

Good luck with your decision :)

Scrap the ugly veilside.

Do agree they are vile! You would have loved it when I first bought the car, veilside sick all over it!

I think the subject of body kits is all about balance by this I mean if your going to use your pods you'll be better off going total stock and losing the spats or fit the side skirts and add a bumper or a lip to the car and keep the spats luckily for you black in either stock trim or modified trim works well IMO

[ATTACH=CONFIG]186554[/ATTACH]

Mine wearing veilside with trd wing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]186555[/ATTACH]

And now wearing oem skirts stock bumper and a lip

Good luck with your decision :)

Nice car! I'm coming round to the oem skirts, I'm now down to two options: tottaly stock or swap the side pods for some oem side skirts or previously fitted aftermarket side skirts? Decisions Decisions??

Oem skirts are deffo the nicest looking...

What does a good set sell for?

Stock body ftw. People will eventually come round to it...

Your not wrong, I might keep hold of the stock pods and trim, they could be a nice investment :innocent:

Yep, look how nicely the stock flows with the body work & looks nice & neat. The veil side skirts look out of place on the Supra.

I do like the do lucks, less subtle but they could potentially be a nightmare to fit?

Keep the veil side sides and sell me the stock stuff :-)

Lol p*** off it nearly lost me my job taking a 1.5 hour detour to pick them up! Although could be tempted with a swap??

If you want to retain the stock look but have a little oomph about it - go ridox sideskirts. They look quite nice IMO. Whatever you do...get rid of that veilside, please lol. I like the do luck sideskirts the TRD sideskirts anc the Blitz sideskirts, they all look quite similar.

With what youve got now? I would do stock spats and do luck sideskirts - I think that would be a nice combo. One more thing, the fitment issues? Its going to happen if its not stock, so if you are worried about that, i would just stick to stock dude - guaranteed fitment, looks good, and is appreciated by all :)