The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some help needed

scott87

Could someone with the tools required please make me a restrictor ring.

Ideally i need a few as im not quite sure which size i will need. I am going to place it in the 3" downpipe. So ideally i would like the interior diameter to start at say 1.75" going up to 2.5" in increases of 2 or 4mm.

If someone can help that would be great.

That's nine different sized rings going up in 2 mm steps.... That's a lot of rings at about £11 quid each plus extra for the eight custom sized ones. And that's a lot of mauling downpipe joints apart and back together again. So that's an ill thought out method ;)

Hmm I have no idea what size to try though.

I guess i could just buy the smallest size that you mentioned before and see how that effects boost. Then it will be easier to make an educated guess as to what size i need (if it needs altering further)

- - - Updated - - -

That's nine different sized rings going up in 2 mm steps.... That's a lot of rings at about £11 quid each plus extra for the eight custom sized ones. And that's a lot of mauling downpipe joints apart and back together again. So that's an ill thought out method ;)

Hmm I have no idea what size to try though.

I guess i could just buy the smallest size that you mentioned before and see how that effects boost. Then it will be easier to make an educated guess as to what size i need (if it needs altering further)

Just get some thin sheet steel, make some up,get the correct size then make one out of stainless steel,just takes a few min to change if you have your ramps ready.

I bought some sheet steel. But... Someone borrowed by angle grinder, never gave it back, same with my drill. So it would be an expensive job buying everything.

Sorry, no the machine is still in pieces, he is still awaiting parts from Italy. Now my TIG is bust, too, so I myself am awaiting parts for that now :(

Dam :(

I will have to work something else out then. I will see if a garage will let me use a pillar drill for half hour or something and then i can file everything down at home.

I might have missed something here but why not justt put a .6 bar spring in your wastegate

I do already but the car is still trying to boost more and getting up to around 10psi.

I've stripped the wastegate and rebuilt and that is all fine, so the next option is to restrict the exiting exhaust gas.

I do already but the car is still trying to boost more and getting up to around 10psi.

I've stripped the wastegate and rebuilt and that is all fine, so the next option is to restrict the exiting exhaust gas.

Is the bottom port open or do u have a b.c plumbed in

Just going to echo what dazzi said, get a better wastegate! I'm talking from experience, I wasted money on mapping twice trying to use the hks copy wg even though It was cracking open at the right psi when I pressure tested it. I ended up getting precision pw46 and never looked back, best thing I ever bought!

Just going to echo what dazzi said, get a better wastegate! I'm talking from experience, I wasted money on mapping twice trying to use the hks copy wg even though It was cracking open at the right psi when I pressure tested it. I ended up getting precision pw46 and never looked back, best thing I ever bought!

That is the plan. But the cost is an issue so wont be for a few months as had a fair amount of small niggles to sort that mounted up to a lot. So if i can get a restrictor ring to reign in the boost the map can be tweaked and that will be that done. Then when i get a new wastegate i can just bolt it on and go.