The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Reccomend me a boost controller please.

Iky

Hello,

Since taking the Supra to BPU, i've noticed that on more than one occasion the boost has spiked to over 1.4 bar.

I have a restrictor ring which should really be capping it off at around 1.2.

So hence, I think I require a boost controller. I'm not after anything flashy, all I want it to do is simply keep the boost at a safe level and do this reliably. Looks do not matter as it will spend most of it's time hidden from view.

What would you guys reccomend that fits the bill?

:yeahthat:

A boost controller can only raise boost, so if it's spiking, you may need a smaller restrictor ring. Think mine is 2" from memory.

I have a gizzmo msibc sitting here, that I was going to install, but it illuminates blue, and being a tart, I want something red!

It came out of my mr2 turbo, and works perfectly.

If it is spiking then fit a smaller restrictor ring to bring the boost down, and then use the boost controller to raise it and have more control.

I'm still a huge fan of the SBCID and Powermeter combo. Boost mapping based on speed, adjustable enough to give you what you need without the need for a degree in maths, and theres even a thread on here with recommended settings.

I will buy that combo for my car one day, just waiting to hoover up a good value one.

They do a more recent version as well (sbc colour or something) which should do the same stuff...

Contemplating the smaller rr and ball&spring route. Cheap and easy. Thankyou all.

There are advantages in fitting a good quality electronic boost controller, they can make a significant difference to how quickly the turbos spool up and can help maximise boost through each gear.