The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for Supra MK4 engine tester manchester area

leon-dee

21062011068.jpgHi all,

New here and am wondering if anybody can tell me where I can find an engine tester and rebuilder if needed in the Manchester area or as close to, ive had a 96 3.0 manual non turbo sat for 2 years and the time has come to do a full overhaul on this poor girl, going to be putting up pics and desripts ( when I sus how to attach) of start to end when I also find out whats fully needed so will be posting and asking for your help along the way and hopefully by the end will be able to pass that info onto the next man. thank you all in advance and please email me at [email protected] or leave me a msg here.

Edited by leon-dee
add pic (see edit history)

Hi mate, if the engine never had any issues before it was left, it should be fine..ive had supras sat for 7 years and fired straight up! the engines are built very well... just check the oil and water levels before you do......

Cheers Keron.

Prob would have been a good idea to explain when I bought the car it had over heating issue due to a heater matrix pipe being bent when it was being fitted and leaked and car was run dry so ive bought a new heater matrix but wondering what damage has been done in the mean time??? ive been told the heads cant be skimmed but I think a pressure test etc before anything else would be the best starting point and fingers crossed from there, and cheers will deff be giving your guys a call......

HI keron

Just rang your guys and there a little far from me in Leicester was hoping to get some where northwest just as a start for diagnostics but helpful chap on phone and good to know if theres nowt doing up north, have a feeling I will be travelling further a field with this little beast in the next few months....cheers again

Hi all

yeah cheers dave p ive been told that new engine is cheaper but have tried sourcing a manual engine a few times and found pealing an orange with boxing gloves on (in your pocket) is easier and don't want to go down the auto route, so hopefully can salvage mine and will keep u posted. supra_ Ufo you say kirk on here from Oldham might be able to help? still new and learning to navigate site would you have a link or pass him my info would be much appreciated... cheers all for rapid responses... finally looks as though ive found the right site

It depends how warped the head is as to whether you would skim it or throw it in

the scrap, because its overhead cam, you can skim the face flat but the cam journals

stay out of line.

They can also go soft so a hardness test would be advised.

Toyota's guide tolerance is 0.1 mm or 0.004" on head warpage

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)