The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Mania crappy service!!!!

TRD3000GT

I have recently bought a new set of pacifics for my car in chrome.

They arrived looked fine and everything seemed fine but once installed I had terrible wheel wobble from the font, I thought they just needed re balancing so went ahead and took them off to balance them one was fine but the front right was all over the place!

It seemed the rim had a manufacturing problem and was just not good! You could even see it on the balancing machine!

I called up and explaind the problem and thats when things got frosty over there. They said when we sent them out they were fine, you must had run over a pot hole and bent the rim?

What a load of bull I, They were on the car for 5 mins and I knew there was something wrong.

They are being very funny about the whole thing and all I wanted is 1 replacement front, they want me to send back the one wheel and have it checked and then they will decide my fate. ?

I was considering returning the whole bloody lot and getting my credit card company to reverse the payment.

What do you suggest. I sent an email back to them as they have been as they dont want to talk about this over the telephone!

:conf: :cry:

Ultra low profile tyres will deflect enough to allow rim to road contact over big potholes, kerbs, et cetera. It's VERY easy to damage a rim on low profile tyres, especially aftermarket ones, but even stock ones succumb. My next door neighbour bent a stock, forged Saab rim just before Xmas, driving over a pothole in our road, which i can drive over at 60MPH with impunity in a car with 70 profile tyres.

I had problems with them when i tried to order some wheels. First they said yeh fine, then when i got the money sorted they said they didnt do the size i wanted, i said i had phoned a week before and the bloke was adamant i hadnt! Twat. And he also said they only supply trade people?! Bollox and wankers! I went to protyres in the end. Excellent price, service, and sourcing of goods. :respekt:

When i bought my Wheelmanias (once a pon a time)I got them from R-Tec there was a problem with the original wheels and it was almost a year before I noticed a problem with the Laquer...went in and they offered to change them in fact they did better than that they offered me the NEW Pacifics as a replacement which looked better than the other wheelmanias I had bought....thats what I call good service...plus lots of free coffee, and friendly respectful service.

Send them back Chris they dont deserve customers....and as a black mark as appeared against their name they will no-doubt lose some business because of this...

I dont know how some people expect to succeed in business with that attitude duuuuh their loss.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as you can state to your credit card company that you have done everything within your power to solve the problem but the Company is not playing ball, then your credit card company can simply reverse the charges and your money is taken from the companies account without option! The company then has to prove to its bank that it is in the right before they can have the money back.

If a road has a pot hole which you could damage a wheel on then you can claim off the council or whatever company is paid for maintaining that road. This happened to me when I had my Celica T-sport, Brand new set of alloys, hit a pothole and bent the rim. Rang the council and after spending 2 hours getting passed around I finally got through to Alfred McAlpine who were responsible for this particular road. Faxed them a copy of my invoice for the alloys and they posted me a cheque.

Lot of messing about but I didnt end up out of pocket.

I would personally just inform them that if they don't help you, you will simply return the wheels to them and charge your card back, they will know there is nothing they can do to stop you!

Best of luck matey.

• 2 years later...

Guys firstly im very sorry to bring a old thread back up again but regards to wheelmania im going to the leicester branch to pick up one front mania pacific alloy, as i previously bought a set but one alloy was damaged so thought i would buy another one as it will be easier to sell them as a full set,but im slightly hesitant after reading the first post on this thread do you think this was a one off manufacturing problem with a batch of mania pacific range or has anyone else had similar issues with new mania pacific alloys ?? as i dont want to buy one then go through all the hassle of getting a refund etc thanks

Oh my God 'Pacifics' are so last century:limp: (and so is this thread he he.)

Been there done that....When i had mine I bought them via R-Tec, when I found out i had probs with them i just went back to R-Tec, and they replaced em (that was after driving on them for several thousand miles...

So moral of that story is dont deal with Wheel Mania direct!

The other thing is that stock alloys on a Supra undergo rigourous expensive road testing and extreme qaulity control, where as aftermarket alloys dont!!!!!!

Which is why Insurance companies like to know if your car is wearing aftermarket wheels, coz they know how pethetic some of them are!