The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which front tires?

Kaan W

Hi all,

I'm thinking of changing my wheels soon and will be going with MT ET Streets II for the rears, would it be a good idea to use the same tire on the fronts or just a normal all year round tire?

The car won't be used in the rain but I'm sure there will be times when I'm caught short.

Cheers

Would this impair performance running different tread patterns front to rear? Maybe if I go with the pilot sports up front then if I did start to clock some winter miles switch the rears for the Michelins also as R888 would be as good as MTs in the wet?

- - - Updated - - -

Would this impair performance running different tread patterns front to rear? Maybe if I go with the pilot sports up front then if I did start to clock some winter miles switch the rears for the Michelins also as R888 would be as good as MTs in the wet?

Guest Standard

Hankook EVO 12s have proven quite effective asall years on the fronts and when you do get caught out by the rain, they are far superior to the other popular tyres in the same price bracket i.e. Falken, Nexen 8000, Michelen Pilot 2, Bridgestone, Proxies, etcetc.

DO NOT DRIVE THE MT's in the wet!

The R888's would be better but again it is a HUGE gamble in the wet, you enjoy driving your car so I'd go with something more road worthy like the Pilot Sports, PZero & Verdz.

Leaving the MT's or R888's on a separate set of wheels which only get put if their is no chance of rain or if you are going to an event like SantaPod. You can easily get two wheels in the back of the Supra.

DO NOT DRIVE THE MT's in the wet!

The R888's would be better but again it is a HUGE gamble in the wet, you enjoy driving your car so I'd go with something more road worthy like the Pilot Sports, PZero & Verdz.

Leaving the MT's or R888's on a separate set of wheels which only get put if their is no chance of rain or if you are going to an event like SantaPod. You can easily get two wheels in the back of the Supra.

I wouldn't use them in the wet I would have the MTs as a summer tire then swap for what ever is on the fronts in the winter. Not keen on having 2 sets of wheels for the rear as they're pretty expensive.

If I drag the car it will be on an 18" wheel which I'll use the MTs on, just wondered what will be ideal up front.