The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with Emissions for NCT

_Shane_

Lads what would be the best way to reduce the emissions of my supra so it will pass the nct

I have a 4'' straight through system from downpipe back, car is running a hks T51 turbo kit, hks downpipe, hks exhaust etc

Would a sports cat help me pass the test. I didnt put it through the test yet but thats the only thing that i can see the car failing on (the emissions)

Any help advice appreciated

Thanks

Most people swap out their decat section on the exhaust for their standard cats prior to the test, that or have a friendly mot tester. A sports cat will help bring the levels down but whether or not it's to a level that will pass is anyones guess, The price of those sports cats are quite high too so I'll always opt for 15mins under the car refitting both my cats than £300 on a sports cat that might not cut it.

Some sports cats can be found here...

http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/sportscatalysts.php?eng=Turbo+or+Supercharged&hp=326-375bhp&dia=3.0+inch

Completely agree ;)

A quick look on ebay says this link is a 1JZ / 2JZ cat... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-supra-soarer-cat-catalytic-converter-1jz-2jz-/271495776035?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f3668c723

Looks like a 2nd cat to me as it's got 2 bolt holes on each end, I'm pretty sure the downpipe is a 3 bolt hole pattern. Someone else will confirm hopefully.(just noticed it's actually stated as a 2nd cat on the ebay link haha)

Sounds like you'd need the first cat too or a first decat pipe to hook up to your current system.

Edited by Fizzy T (see edit history)