The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon Ceramic Brakes for Supra

Axle

They're fine for road use, but some of the more extreme ones need a good stamp to 'wake up'. You can dramatically improve the braking on the Supra with just a set of carbon ceramic pads on UK discs and calipers. I had some Endless ones on mine and they lasted ages, with significantly less fade than anything else I tried. Even full, flat-out laps of the Nurburgring weren't a problem.

They're fine for road use, but some of the more extreme ones need a good stamp to 'wake up'. You can dramatically improve the braking on the Supra with just a set of carbon ceramic pads on UK discs and calipers. I had some Endless ones on mine and they lasted ages, with significantly less fade than anything else I tried. Even full, flat-out laps of the Nurburgring weren't a problem.

:yeahthat:

I use the performance friction version of these, sadly they are no longer available so endless would be my next option ;)

Circa £9,000 :thumbdown::faint:

And the rest.

Edit: Just looked at the email and it was $30k -$32k for the GT kits and $40k-$44k on the GTR kits. Those were for discs ALONE. No calipers. And they don't supply stock size discs.

Bearing in mind this was a few years ago and that might of changed.

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

Cant see where i can order these for the Supra from?

Stoptech supposed to do a kit bit doesn't seem like anyone has even tested them on a Supra?

With 1500 BHP I don't want to skimp on braking but need a set to fit front 18's and Jspec size rears. Or as suggested maybe just source specific size rear carbon discs and pads to fit rear.

Would brake distribution be compromised to a point where it would be unstable?

I.e 355mm fronts and Jspec size rears (anyone have rear Jspec disc size to hand?)

some of these and have brackets made ?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Audi-RS4-B8-RS5-2013-Carbon-Ceramic-Brakes-NEW-Genuie-/281325165893?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4180495d45

That's quite a good shout mate.

Would have to respray those calipers those. Cant stand Audi's lol

378mm will go in the right 18" wheel ;)

The 18's are going to be the Welds, same style as the 15 rears bud.

Not sure I would want to risk the 378mm without knowing if they would fit those wheels for sure.

Why is it so difficult to find 355mm Carbon Ceramics?

Being the impatient person I am, I have spoken to Brembo who should be getting back to me tomorrow for a possible 380mm front setup with rears to be similar fitment to Jspec calipers. They are going to try and confirm with Weld Racing if 380mm will fit the Front of their alloys.

Failing that I will get the next size down.

All I know is, I need Ceramics in my life purely for the fact I wont ever (likely) have to change the damn discs.

Being the impatient person I am, I have spoken to Brembo who should be getting back to me tomorrow for a possible 380mm front setup with rears to be similar fitment to Jspec calipers. They are going to try and confirm with Weld Racing if 380mm will fit the Front of their alloys.

Failing that I will get the next size down.

All I know is, I need Ceramics in my life purely for the fact I wont ever (likely) have to change the damn discs.

With ceramics brakes, you can skip the parachute mate :D

"With 1500 BHP I don't want to skimp on braking but need a set to fit front 18's and Jspec size rears."

This sentence makes no sense. Why are you persisting with j-spec rears and looking at Ceramic fronts?

You're actually tyre limited not brake limited. UK Spec brakes can overcome tyre adhesion. I'd personally go for a set which caters for all 4 wheels and maintains the brake balance. StopTech and Brembo do such kits I believe.

Guest Nicholas
"With 1500 BHP I don't want to skimp on braking but need a set to fit front 18's and Jspec size rears."

This sentence makes no sense. Why are you persisting with j-spec rears and looking at Ceramic fronts?

You're actually tyre limited not brake limited. UK Spec brakes can overcome tyre adhesion. I'd personally go for a set which caters for all 4 wheels and maintains the brake balance. StopTech and Brembo do such kits I believe.

I imagine with 1500hp he's going to be running 15x10 drag rears, there's no way you'll get a good rear brake setup in with those wheels. I think you'll end up with n/a rear brakes Axle. Unless you plan to run a normal tyre?