The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's being bought by the trade - bumped almost immediately back for sale?

Pudsey

There seems to be a bit of a trend developing.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?306064-For-Sale

Previously for sale in our very own sales section.

Now for sale on pistonheads, with a heavy premium added for good measure.

I am not going to promote the advert by pasting it in , but this seems to be happening more and more.

Granted someone could have traded it with them after buying it, but I very much doubt it.

:(

So?

The seller got what they wanted for it, and now the new seller has more time to sell it at a higher premium this is how the world goes round does it not?

Business is business imho

I agree with business is business, although its such a shame it didn't go to an actual owner who would have loved it and enjoyed it.

There must have been plenty of members here interested in such a car, only to have been beaten to it for someone to put it back up for more money within a few days.

I see some fresh wheels and tyres have been added along with a polish, so guess its not all bad. :D

There must have been plenty of members here interested in such a car, only to have been beaten to it for someone to put it back up for more money within a few days.

If it was advertised here then members had equal opportunity to buy it - money talks at the end of the day rather than a list if GLWS comments.

So?

The seller got what they wanted for it, and now the new seller has more time to sell it at a higher premium this is how the world goes round does it not?

Business is business imho

And that's that if you ask me. Nothing more to it really.

Think its a bad thing. Just adds owners to an already rare car and in a lot of cases. They are being sold with faults and the garages are putting them up for sale immediately for a much higher price without listing the faults!!

That's disgusting behaviour

Some good views being raised.

Maybe it was a bit of a nil point I raised from recent observation, although strange that some genuine enthusiasts looking for one seem to value the cars as being worth less than perhaps the traders in this scenario.

I guess things are worth, what someones willing to pay, and all that, and buyer timing etc all have there part to play.

gutted about this, i wanted to view it 2 days after it sold,

took my time trying to get up there, but working shifts meaning days off dont always fall right

accept about buisness though, who doesnt want to make a bit of extra cash, i know i would

Half the problem is being able to price something and hold out for that price. Essentially if everyone under cut traders by £1000 for example then it would speed the process up as that would be the excepted standard rate, therefore people would stop bargain hunting.

I propose now all NA's are worth 4k for a manual, 3k for an auto, 7.5k for a TT auto 10k for a Manual :D

Edit- These are stock prices.

I suspect that the issue is with the forum rather than the trader who bought it to get a turn at it. I honestly think that we collectively undervalue the cars in many cases - when you compare the prices of supra's on PH/Autotrader/Ebay/Gumtree they're almost always higher than the cost on the forum. Maybe it's because we see so many quality examples on here that we compare ours to them and think (as an example) an n/a is worth between £3-£4k but start to knock the price down because the mileage on mine is higher than someone elses, or it doesn't have as many nice extras as someone elses etc. It's good for new members who are joining the forum to buy one as they'll usually get a well looked after enthusiast car for good money I suppose. Not so good if you're selling though. Personally I think I undervalued mine when I sold it recently and my thoughts when I see others that aren't nearly as good advertised for more than a grand more on other sites is that the person is deluded if they think it's worth that, but there are people out there paying those prices. Fair enough it may take longer to shift and you have to deal with some weirdos and numbnuts during the selling process, I suppose the question is whether it's worth taking less for a quick and easy sale.

^ Well put, I personally would opt to sell off the forum for the above reasons.

IMO due to TT auto's being had for around 4-5k NA's don't stand much of a chance on here to command decent money, which in-turn provides a knock on effect throughout the various guises.

Could you imagine how much Rob Mitchells 'Gold rush' would of been worth if priced by these various traders?

Some good views being raised.

Maybe it was a bit of a nil point I raised from recent observation, although strange that some genuine enthusiasts looking for one seem to value the cars as being worth less than perhaps the traders in this scenario.

I guess things are worth, what someones willing to pay, and all that, and buyer timing etc all have there part to play.

Found out recently this is the case,if someone wants a car they will pay whatever.I traded in my 350z to Arnold Clark last month and they sold it for £1k more than i'd paid for it two years ago,but thats how they stay in buisiness they have to make a profit.:)

Half the problem is being able to price something and hold out for that price. Essentially if everyone under cut traders by £1000 for example then it would speed the process up as that would be the excepted standard rate, therefore people would stop bargain hunting.

I propose now all NA's are worth 4k for a manual, 3k for an auto, 7.5k for a TT auto 10k for a Manual :D

Edit- These are stock prices.

N/A manual 4k :yahoo: